- ... From: firstname.lastname@example.org To: email@example.com Sent: 3/5/2001 2:30 PM Subject: 3/5/2001 Chronicle Report on CommunityMessage 1 of 1 , Mar 10 6:12 AMView Source
FW: 3/5/2001 Chronicle Report on Community Colleges
Sent: 3/5/2001 2:30 PM
Subject: 3/5/2001 Chronicle Report on Community Colleges
The Chronicle of Higher Education's
Weekly Report on COMMUNITY COLLEGES
Here is news of interest to community colleges from our March 9
issue. The Web addresses refer to the online versions of the
* TIME FOR REASSESSMENT: Racial politics and mismanagement
by its board have left Houston Community College looking
--> SEE http://chronicle.com/weekly/v47/i26/26a02801.htm
* BUSH'S BUDGET: The president called for a $1-billion increase
in spending on the Pell Grant Program, but backed away from
a plan to increase the maximum grant only for first-year
--> SEE http://chronicle.com/weekly/v47/i26/26a02601.htm
* LOGGING IN WITH: Mark Milliron, the president of the League
for Innovation in the Community College, who warns that
online technology should be used judiciously.
--> SEE http://chronicle.com/weekly/v47/i26/26a04201.htm
* LOBBYIST WATCH: The former Republican chief of staff of
the House of Representatives Committee on Education and
the Workforce has joined the Washington lobbying arm
of an Indiana-based law firm.
--> SEE http://chronicle.com/weekly/v47/i26/26a02103.htm
ALSO OF INTEREST TO COMMUNITY COLLEGES:
* PROCTORS ON CALL: Colleges and libraries in Texas
are making testing more convenient for online students.
--> SEE http://chronicle.com/weekly/v47/i26/26a04301.htm
* REVISING THE CODE OF CONDUCT: A new state regulation will
prevent public colleges in Oregon from joining any group
that tries to set rules for the workplace.
--> SEE http://chronicle.com/weekly/v47/i26/26a03502.htm
Our Career Network has 75 positions available at two-year
colleges, from the pages of The Chronicle.
--> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/cc
You can find all of The Chronicle's community-college news on our
special Web page just for community colleges at:
And for all the news of higher education, be sure to visit our
home page at:
If you want to change the address at which you receive this
e-mail message, change which messages you receive, change or reset
your password, or make other changes in your account information,
you can do so online at:
If you have other problems or questions, please send a message to:
Copyright (c) 2001 The Chronicle of Higher Education, Inc.