9042Re: [SACC-L] SACC Annual Report

    Jan 6, 2014
      Kent,

      I think these are two separate issues. The second—converting to private businesses—is a political issue, beyond the control or influence of educators. (The "marketplace" is already reflecting some limitations of for-profit colleges.)

      I think that degree completion at CC's is important insofar as it provides curricular guidelines for students. However, as Dianne points out, CC's funding should include recognition of and full services for students at all junctures of their education, however many or few courses they take before transferring, or whether they stop in periodically to take a course or two for career advancement or personal refreshment. As Karen mentioned, Ohio's acknowledgement of non-degree transfer students as successful supports this view and is encouraging.

      Lloyd

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic