9015Student Opportunity

  • SACC-L-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Dec 8 10:46 AM

      To My Anthropological Colleagues:

      I am an anthropologist working with the Himalayan Health Exchange (HHE), a humanitarian organization based in Atlanta, GA.  We do most of our work in the remote Western Himalayan regions of Northern India.  This will be our 11th year offering an anthropological field school in the summer.  Last summer we incorporated a week of participation in a medical expedition treating Tibetan refugees – a program HHE has been offering since 1996.  It was hugely successful and provided students with a unique opportunity to apply cultural, biological and medical anthropology concepts.  Our program is very comprehensive and provides an unforgettable and highly productive learning experience for students of Anthropology as well as other disciplines.  The students are immersed in the culture, have yoga daily, receive daily lectures and learn how to develop individual fieldwork parameters and techniques.

      I am attaching the bulletin for this summer's itinerary and lecture topics.  I would greatly appreciate it if you would post them and pass this information on to students or anyone else who can forward them or post them. It really is an incredible program and life experience.

      If you have any questions please contact Ravi Singh, Founder of Himalayan Health Exchange, at info@....

      Denise Cucurny, Professor of Anthropology, CSULB

      Trip Coordinator for Himalayan Field Schools

      www.himalayanhealth.com

      info@...
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic