9009AN seeks proposals on topic of Teaching Tools

  • lauratgonzalez
    Nov 27, 2013

      From Anthropology News (AAA)

      As our disciplinary theories, methods and concerns change, so must what occurs in teaching. At the same time, changes in technology leave open a wide range of possibilities for developing innovative learning experiences for students.Anthropology News would like to hear from anthropologists for a series on teaching tools. Topics may include, but are not limited to: incorporating technologies into teaching; online education; tips for becoming a successful educator; and tools for balancing teaching with other responsibilities, such as work at a nonprofit organization, university service, or scholarship. We also welcome perspectives that focus in particular on the tools needed and used by adjunct and contingent faculty.

      We welcome proposals from current AAA members for In Focus commentaries, Teaching Strategies articles, Field Notes pieces, photo essays, photo features, news stories, interviews and more. Proposals for photo essays should also include up to five photographs (tiff or jpg), each with a caption and credit. Multimedia submissions are especially encouraged to take full advantage of the online capabilities at anthropology-news.org.

      Deadline for proposals: December 5

      Selected authors will be notified of their status in late December. Full articles will be due January 15, 2014 and will be published at anthropology-news.org in February.