8995Re: [SACC-L] Agenda for SACC Meeting at AAA.

    Nov 16, 2013
      As a SACC leader appointed to represent community college issues in anthropology education on the AAA Task Force on Anthropology Education, I would like to report briefly on the current status of those issues.  I would suggest that my report fits best with New Business (C) Membership Sustainability/Growth.  Also, Laura appointed me to represent SACC at the COPAPIA annual Section Summit: What’s New in Applied Careers is the topic of this year’s meeting and it is on Saturday, 12:15PM-1:30PM in Salon A-2 at this year’s meeting.  It is a very stimulating group of applied and practicing anthropologists along with other section leaders who realize that close to half of anthropology grads will become practitioners of some kind, more than double the number who will teach.  Therefore, all of us who educate potential anthropology graduates should familiarize ourselves with this important yet often marginalized area of anthropology (sounds familiar).  I thought that I could attend but I am told that my plane requires me to leave for the airport at the meeting time.  So, Laura or Tim, please consider the opportunity to attend this meeting.

      Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2013 9:50 PM
      Subject: Re: [SACC-L] Agenda for SACC Meeting at AAA.

      Both meetings could also include reminders of the fact that we have called for nominations for all three awards.

      Thanks again,
      Beverly

          I.     Approval of past minutes from SACC Board Meeting, April 10, 2013

          II.     Call for New Business

          III.      Board Reports
              a.      President

              b.     Past-President

              c.      President Elect

              d.    VP for Membership and Development

              e.      Treasurer

          IV.     Old Business
              a.  Two items revisited – SACC Historian?  SACC property?

          V.     New Business
              a.  Update on School Outreach Program
                  Prospects for future efforts?

              b.  SACC  Open Source Book Project – Update, Mission, etc.

              c.  Membership Sustainability /Growth

              d.  Next slate of Officers Nominations for President Elect; Secretary

        Namaste,
        Tim

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional