8399Items from the Executive Board Meeting, SF Nov 2012

  • lauratgonzalez
    Jan 1, 2013
      Esteemed SACC-ers,

      Happy New Year! I would like to make you aware of a few items that the Executive Board voted to pass at our Board meeting at the San Francisco AAAs. Of course, the most important item was the passing of the gavel to Tim Sullivan, your new President for 2012-2013, who is working on developing the greatest SACC Fest in Austin for April!

      I have now moved to Past-President, and have taken on a new position, appointed by the President, called Media Chair. The duties of this position are the following: Publishing social media to facebook, twitter, etc.; aiding in development of marketing materials for SACC conference and SACC sessions at AAA; other social and traditional media projects. This position will remain, even after I am no longer in it, as it is an important role for publicity and communication in the digital age.

      Secondly, we voted to join a AAA open-source publishing initiative called "Open Anthropology." We will be allowing open-access to all past "Teaching Anthropology: SACC Notes" content that is already on AnthroSource. We see this as a very positive step on behalf of the AAA in extending the reach of anthropological content.

      Lastly, our By-Laws have been updated (and corrected!) for the first time in 11 years. The new by-laws will be posted on the SACC website once they are approved by the AAA.

      Cheers and best wishes for 2013,
      Laura
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic