      From: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SACC-L@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of Lloyd Miller
      Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2011 1:50 PM
      To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [SACC-L] SACC name change

      Hey, I sure second that! I've never been in the Northeast and would love
      an opportunity to go.
      Lloyd

      On Aug 2, 2011, at 12:31 PM, Kaupp, Ann wrote:

      > Brian, would you consider organizing a meeting in your area? Would be
      fun to be in the NE again.

      Of Lynch, Brian M
      > Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2011 12:31 PM
      > To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: RE: [SACC-L] SACC name change
      >

      > Even as a full-time person in anthro/soc, I just got professional dues
      cut from my department budget (which was minimal to begin with). It is
      now suggested that my professional dues should come out of my allotment
      of professional development funds. That allotment *might* cover
      registration and lodging (or part of...) for a single conference, if it
      is not too far away. So more and more of our professional development
      and membership dues will have to come out of pocket. It is typical of
      why, already, I have been able to do little more than envy those
      attending SACC Fests on the west coast, or those who can travel more
      than 300 miles from their institutions to attend an annual conference.
      And it is only getting tighter.