5166RE: [SACC-L] Re: Distance Learning Class

  • Bagwell, George
    May 25 9:32 AM
      Hi Jarrett,

      Here is the language that appears in my Cultural Anthro distance
      learning syllabi regarding the new "Cultural Anthropology: Our Diverse
      World" video series from Coast Learning Systems that has replaced "Faces
      of Culture":

      VIDEO INFORMATION - options

      1. The 17 half-hour programs on DVDs are available for checkout free of
      charge at any CMC campus.

      2. You may obtain your own personal set of DVDs, streaming media
      access, or video downloads for a rental fee from ACT, Inc. Contact ACT
      at (800) 745-5480 or http://www.actmedia.org .

      3. The videos for this teleweb course may be purchased on DVD directly
      from Coast Learning Systems for $20 (plus $10 shipping). The order form
      for Coast can be found at this link,
      http://www.coloradomtn.edu/distlearn/resources/CoastStudentDVDOrderForm.
      pdf
      Note that the form requires enrollment confirmation from the college.

      Students at a distance attend any of ten college campuses and a few more
      community libraries over a 12,000-square mile service area at which they
      may check out the videos. But many students prefer the convenience of
      renting or purchasing, which also may be less expensive than the cost of
      driving back and forth to campus.

      Hope this helps.

      George Bagwell, Prof.
      Colorado Mountain College