5165Re: [SACC-L] Re: Distance Learning Class

  • anthropmor@AOL.COM
    May 25, 2009
      2 other aspects- there are Nova documentaries that are more cultural historical - there are biographies /documentaries ?available? on Maragret mead, Franz Boas, and the excellent 'Ishi - the Last Yahi" from "The American Experience" series - which has as much Kroeber in it; I am surprised he has not beent he subject of miore attention.
      ? I would also add, is this really what we want to be doing?? I am getting tired of distance learning-
      ?

      Hello,
      Thanks to all that replied - each response has been helpful.

      George - I have used some of the Faces of Culture videos in my lecture course, and I am very glad to hear a replacement is available. I will have to write you personally and see which you prefer. I also am glad that since you use them for your DL class they are available in the streaming format. I recently requested several new films to update our library, but they needed to be in streaming - 1 of the 12 was available in that