4802Re: [SACC-L] T-SACC

    Dec 5, 2008
      Yes, with my urban cultures class, we are exploring social marketing with an anthropological perspective...so far, we have come up with some scary ideas to test with some ethnographic focus groups: power point presentations with 'branded' symbols relating to educational consumers; text books partly subsidized by ads thus lowering book costs to students and increasing fees to published faculty authors...faculty wearing identifiable 'brands', using identifiable 'brands' of computers, publishers, news sources, book stores, office supplies stores, etc...anything to add, capitalist pigs of the future?

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Bob Muckle
      To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 2:08 PM
      Subject: [SACC-L] T-SACC

      With all this SACC-L gushing about the Toyota Prius, I started feeling a little guilty, but not a lot. I got to thinking. First, that I might be kicked out of SACC for driving a big old Suburban, with the biggest engine that fits. But..I am trying to sell it. Not nay takers. What a surprise. So, now I'm thinking I might just store it. It might look good in a museum of the late 20th century. "In the days when gas was cheaper than water." Besides I've got a pick-up truck that I usually drive anyway. Now...before you start impeachment proceedings to get me kicked out of SACC....the pick up is a Toyota pick-up!

      So, now I'm thinking we can just buy wholly into the corporatization of education in North America. Why not sell naming rights to SACC? We can become T-SACC (Toyota-SACC).

      You're welcome.