395FW: FYI SUMMER INSTITUTE ON SEXUALITY, CULTURE AND SOCIETY

    Dec 20, 1999
      From: Mariette Blokhuis - ISHSS [SMTP:summerinstitute@...]
      <mailto:[SMTP:summerinstitute@...]>
      Sent: Monday, December 20, 1999 8:42 AM
      To: ANTHRO-L@...
      <mailto:ANTHRO-L@...>
      Subject: FYI SUMMER INSTITUTE ON SEXUALITY, CULTURE AND SOCIETY

      Amsterdam, December 1999
      http://www.pscw.uva.nl/InternationalSchool/SummerInstitute/
      <http://www.pscw.uva.nl/InternationalSchool/SummerInstitute/>
      Dear ANTHRO-L reader,

      We would like to announce the SUMMER INSTITUTE ON SEXUALITY, CULTURE AND
      SOCIETY organized by the Universiteit of Amsterdam. The Institute on
      Sexuality, Culture and Society is an intensive four-week summer program
      which focuses on the study of sexuality across cultures and is taught by an
      international faculty team (Carole Vance, Gilbert Herdt, Mike Tan and many
      others).
      The Summer Institute was begun in 1995, and has enjoyed four years of
      unparalleled success. The Institute is an academic summer program open to
      students from around the world.
      We are encouraging advanced students, primarily PhD and MA students in the
      socio-cultural sciences with a serious interest in sexuality study, to apply
      for participation in the Fifth Annual Institute, July 10 - August 3, 2000.
      The summer institute in 1999 featured 23 students of American, European and
      Third World background, all of whom took courses in a variety of areas
      dealing with the anthropology of sexual cultures, the social history of
      sexuality, the history of erotic art, the social theory of sexuality, and a
      number of additional areas germane to human sexuality. These students had a
      wonderful learning experience, and we are gratified not only by their
      for admission to this year's Institute.
      Please have your students apply directly to the Universiteit van Amsterdam,
      at the below address, or visit our WEB SITE with the latest information at:
      http://www.pscw.uva.nl/InternationalSchool/SummerInstitute/
      <http://www.pscw.uva.nl/InternationalSchool/SummerInstitute/>
      With all best wishes and thanks,
      Sincerely yours,

      M. Schieveld, MA
      M. Blokhuis, MA
      Program managers

      Mariette Blokhuis, MA
      program manager
      Summer Institute
      International School for the Humanities and Social Sciences
      Universiteit van Amsterdam
      Herengracht 514
      1017 CC Amsterdam
      The Netherlands