3491Re: [SACC-L] Survey of national populations--acceptance of evolution

    Sep 1, 2006
      Deborah,

      This is strictly anecdotal, but some years ago a well-educated
      Mexican friend of mine�a teacher of American literature at a Mexican
      university�told me that the most puzzling thing about the U.S. and
      American culture to her was our persistent and highly emotional
      rejection of evolution theory. I guess I'm not surprised at the
      survey you cited.

      Best,
      Lloyd Miller