3219Greetings

  • Wenzel, Jason
    Dec 1, 2005
      Hello, I am new to joining this group and I would like to introduce myself. I currently teach full-time in social sciences at Valencia Community College in Orlando, Florida and as a part-time adjunct (online) for Brevard Community College. I hold an extended master's in Applied Sociology, Mayan Studies (Anthropology) and Community College Teaching (Education) and I teach in these three disciplines. I am currently working on developing an online introductory anthropology course for Valencia and proposing the adoption of a similar course for BCC.

      Most of my studies in anthropology have been sociocultural with a focus on Caribbean culture, however I have been getting more into archaeology in the past two years. I volunteer regularly with a local anthropology group doing pre-historic and historic archaeology and I have particpated in a field season at the Mayan site of Caracol, Belize. I am currently working on preparing my admissions applications into a graduate anthropology program.

      I really enjoy anthropology and I hope to learn some valuable things about the role of the discipline in the community college from this group as well as connect "online" with fellow colleagues.

      Jason
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic