3116Re: Who is Scott A. Lucas? (Who can afford to attend aconference?): No Small Factor

    Oct 7, 2005
      I get messages in digest form, so I have just read a number of them that talk about creating regional organization within SACC. Great to hear!

      There's another (more mundane) reason why regional meetings are a good idea. My institution (and I suspect others at this time of stretched budgets), tries to save money by insisting that when we do go to a conference that we go only to regional (presumably with lesser travel expense) meetings and not to centralized, national meetings. I have not heard of any of our faculty getting funded for a national meeting this year, but there are a small number going to regional meetings.

      I'm in Minnesota. Who's in the upper midwest?

      Deborah

      Deborah J. Shepherd, Ph.D.
      Anthropology and Sociology
      Anoka-Ramsey Community College