      From: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SACC-L@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      Deborah Shepherd
      Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 1:35 PM
      To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [SACC-L] bare-bones archaeological text book

      Does anyone know of a decent "bare-bones" text that explains archaeological
      method in a short and readable format? I'm looking for something short and
      cheap because it would be one of five required (equally short and cheap)
      books for a new environmental anthropology class that includes discussion of
      past civilizations.

      Thanks for any help!
      Deborah

      Deborah J. Shepherd, Ph.D.