      From: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SACC-L@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of Deborah Shepherd
      Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 4:35 PM
      To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [SACC-L] bare-bones archaeological text book

      Does anyone know of a decent "bare-bones" text that explains
      archaeological method in a short and readable format? I'm looking for
      something short and cheap because it would be one of five required
      (equally short and cheap) books for a new environmental anthropology
      class that includes discussion of past civilizations.

      Thanks for any help!
      Deborah

      Deborah J. Shepherd, Ph.D.
      Anthropology and Sociology