      From: Dianne.Chidester@... [mailto:Dianne.Chidester@...]
      Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 12:03 PM
      To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [SACC-L] Lets Talk Music

      In the past, I've tried to get to my class a few minutes early and play some
      music. I had some students who liked this so much that they arrived for
      class early. I either use some kind of fusion or I really like the package
      "Voices of Forgotten Worlds: Traditional Music of Indigenous People." It's
      now on cd (I have the cassette version which is a bit more difficult), and
      it comes with a booklet describing the people and when/how the recordings
      were made. Here's a list of the music samples:

      Tuvans, Ainu, Garifuna, Quechuan, Saami, Bunun, Kanak, Australian
      Aborigines, Pashtun, Newar, Inuit, Maya, Azerbaijani, Maori, Rashaida,
      Tibetans, Ladakhis, Solomon Islanders, Ba-Benjelle pygmies, Uighrs, Kayapo,
      Tolai, Aga, Turkmen, Batak, Wodaabe, Native Americans, Wagogo

      Happy Listening!

      Dianne Lynn Chidester, M.A.
      Assistant Professor
      Anthropology & Sociology