1042FW: [ANTHRO-L] another job posting

    Mar 14, 2001
      FW: [ANTHRO-L] another job posting

      -----Original Message-----
      From: wilkr [mailto:wilkr@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2000 10:57 AM
      To: ANTHRO-L@...
      Subject: [ANTHRO-L] another job posting

      Please post and circulate

      Tenure-Track Faculty Position
      at Indiana University

      The College of Arts and Sciences at Indiana University,
      Bloomington, is looking for a demographer with strong
      interests in environmental change to hold a tenure-track
      faculty appointment in either Anthropology, Economics,
      Geography, History, or Sociology and a close  research
      relationship with the NSF-funded Center for the Study of
      Institutions, Population, and Environmental Change (CIPEC).
      The appointment will be at the Assistant Professor rank.
      Candidates should be interested in, and have skills relevant
      to, the study of the impact of population at local,
      regional, or national scale.  We are interested in a
      quantitatively sophisticated scholar with Ph.D. in hand,
      peer-reviewed publications, and a successful history of
      obtaining external grant support to work in a
      multidisciplinary team. Center support is available for
      field research at a large number of locations.  Faculty are
      expected to teach two courses per semester.  A description
      of the research activities of CIPEC can be found at

      To ensure consideration,  interested candidates should send
      a letter of application, curriculum vita, copies of
      reprints,  and  names of referees no later than October 15,
      2000,  to Dr. George Alter, Chair, CIPEC Population and
      Environment Search Committee, Indiana University, 408 North
      Indiana Avenue, Bloomington, Indiana 47408.  Inquire via e-
      mail to Joanna Broderick, Search Coordinator, at

      Indiana University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
      Action employer.