Re: [S9Antennas] Re: PVC lengths

  • Kc6iih
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 21, 2012
      Ok so I was wrong about the coils.

      Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab
        JOCK  KC6IIHRon <ron@...> wrote:Actually they replace radials; no they don't increase bands or frequencies. A Pet coil is nothing more than a counterpoise. Operated my S9 for some time with no radials at all - only a single Pet coil. John, K2JHU is running with 3 Pet coils, no radials.

      73,

      Ron - KJ5XX
      Sent from my BlackBerry®

      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 21, 2012
        There are coils you can built to increase the electrical length of the antenna to work on lower frequencies. These would be in series with the S9 antenna.

        Clyde  de AB4CC

      • Ron
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 21, 2012
          Yes, very good point Clyde. Don't want to confuse a Petwolany coil with a loading coil.

          Ron - KJ5XX

          Sent from my BlackBerry�