Welcome message

  • pbeservx@osicom.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 24, 1999
      For you that joined before the welcome message was in service here is the message.

      Hello,

      Welcome to the Ry-ops-industrial SIG list. Please take a moment to review this message.

      Note: This list is not associated with the Operations SIG or the Industry SIG of the NMRA.

      The purpose of this list is to provide a forum for railway modellers to discuss railway operations as well as to model industry practices and operations. Do you know how all the industries you model actually carry on day to day business? Where do typical raw materials come from to produce their products? Where do the finished products go? All of these questions are typical of what we plan to discuss on the Ry-ops-industrial SIG list.

      Also to be included are discussions of how best to similate the operations of prototype railways by use of computors or car card waybill systems. Operations is a series of events that are required to complete a task. We expect this list to show how these tasks should be set out to accomplish your goal.

      The list is open to all who have an interest in simulating the operations of railways and industries on their layouts.

      between digest and normal mode.

      Thanks,
      Peter Bowers
      List Owner
    • Tim
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 27, 2012
        I downloaded the file and added a .docx extension and then Word opened it without any trouble.

        Tim Rumph