Orthotic to barefoot transition ...

  • Big Al
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
      I have been using Orthotics for about 6 months now and I was wondering
      if its possible to go from orthoitcs to running barefoot. I mean does
      any have any experience with this?
    • Gene Gugliotta
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
        do it gradually - like 5 minutes every other day for a
        couple weeks, then 10 minutes for a couple weeks, then
        push it up little by little.

        --- Big Al <bigal1500us@...> wrote:
        > I have been using Orthotics for about 6 months now
        > and I was wondering
        > if its possible to go from orthoitcs to running
        > barefoot. I mean does
        > any have any experience with this?

        ~Gene Gugliotta

        My web sites http://thinnmann.com
        My photo albums http://thinnmann.fotki.com
        SEND ME SOME PHOTOS by email to thinnmann+send@...
        My blog http://thinnmann.blogspot.com
        AIM and Yahoo! Messenger: thinnmann
        MSN Messenger: thinnmann@...

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Mike Straub
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
          I have been wearing orthotics for years. I found very little
          discomfort when I first began to run barefoot. A slight pain in my
          arch. I'm assuming my muscles were beginning to be used properly but
          it soon went away quickly. I also took my time building up my
          distance. I would run a mile every other day for a week then increase
          gradually from there. I also ran on grass for the first month just so
          I took it easy on my feet as they adjusted.

          Mike