First barefoot mud run (5K)

  • chris_burrell_2061
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2010
      So to add to my 1st barefoot 5k last november, 10k in march, marathon in June, now I have a 5K mud run.

      And wow, it was unlike any other race I had done before. At least since those obstacle races in grade school.

      It was great fun.

      The biggest challenge of the course were steep mud hills right after some of the mud pits. It was hard to get traction to make it upwards without sliding back down.

      For my feet, the worst part was on the second lap, the invisible rocky bottoms of the mud pits started to make themselves known to my feet. Maybe it was because the pits had been churned up by all the runners by that point.

      Before the race, I had been a little apprehensive about running barefoot, but my feet came made it through without real damage.

      Christopher