Re: [RunningBarefoot] Re: Good Luck to Everyone at Surf City

  • Eddie91361
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
      hey barefoot Mike, Todd and Rick and other So Calif males, besides running barefoot, do you guys also enjoy the barefoot life. Like going barefoot out and about whenever possible. loving in So Cal, its easy to do most of the year.
      Like now, we have 80 degree weather and I've been barefoot around town.
      I'm also looking for male friends to hang out barefoot with.
      Let me know if interested.
      Btw, I saw the run announced on the news, but unfortunately, they didn't show any barefooters.
      it was the perfect weather weekend for it too.
      Hpe you all had a good run.
      Eddie from Los Angeles

      From: barefoot_mike454 <mpolidor@...>
      Subject: [RunningBarefoot] Re: Good Luck to Everyone at Surf City
      To: RunningBarefoot@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, January 31, 2009, 8:15 PM

      They had a bunch of signs at the Expo that said "NO 'D' TAG on shoe NO
      TIME"....... ..guess I won't be getting a time with my ankle strap ;)

      - Barefoot Mike

      --- In RunningBarefoot@ yahoogroups. com, "Ken Bob Saxton" <KenBob@...>
      wrote:

      > I know Barefoot Rick, Barefoot Mike (ran Southern California Half
      > recently, and Long Beach Half last year), and myself will be
      > attempting the full marathon...
      >
      > I think Barefoot Todd will be volunteering somewhere along the
      > course?
      >
      > Not sure, or I have forgot, if Julian, Alex, or any others will be
      > there...
      >
      > Have fun,
      > -barefoot ken bob
      >
      > --- In RunningBarefoot@ yahoogroups. com, "exjfn" <exjfn@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Good luck to everyone participating in the "Winter Running Barefoot
      > > Championship" at the Surf City Marathon this weekend. Ken - do you
      > > know who all is participating? Will it be a good-sized group?
      > >
      > > Jim

    • Ken Bob Saxton
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 2, 2009
        Well, since they only timed Rick to 12 miles, and they put my results
        in the half marathon, it looks like Mike, who has the only official
        results listed on the Surf City Marathon website, is the "official"
        champion. And I, being the only barefooter in the "half marathon"
        (sure feels like I ran 26+ miles) am the half marathon champion,
        while Rick is the "12-mile" event champion...

        Actually, Rick passed Mike, and won the Marathon Running Barefoot
        Championships, and I did complete (though not "run") the entire 26.2
        miles, I finished a solid 3rd in the marathon.

        Guess we'll have to use our own results for this event...

        Have fun,
        -barefoot ken bob

        --- In RunningBarefoot@yahoogroups.com, "barefoot_mike454"
        <mpolidor@...> wrote:

        > They had a bunch of signs at the Expo that said "NO 'D' TAG on shoe
        NO
        > TIME".........guess I won't be getting a time with my ankle strap ;)
        >
        > - Barefoot Mike
        >

        > --- In RunningBarefoot@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Bob Saxton" <KenBob@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > I know Barefoot Rick, Barefoot Mike (ran Southern California Half
        > > recently, and Long Beach Half last year), and myself will be
        > > attempting the full marathon...
        > >
        > > I think Barefoot Todd will be volunteering somewhere along the
        > > course?
        > >
        > > Not sure, or I have forgot, if Julian, Alex, or any others will
        be
        > > there...
        > >
        > > Have fun,
        > > -barefoot ken bob
        > >
        > > --- In RunningBarefoot@yahoogroups.com, "exjfn" <exjfn@> wrote:
        > > >

        > > > Good luck to everyone participating in the "Winter Running
        Barefoot
        > > > Championship" at the Surf City Marathon this weekend. Ken - do
        you
        > > > know who all is participating? Will it be a good-sized group?
        > > >
        > > > Jim

      • luc_fortin68
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 2, 2009
          wrote:

          > Guess we'll have to use our own results for this event...
          >
          > Have fun,
          > -barefoot ken bob

          Congrats!

          All of you know what you did. 8:-)