Runner's and Triathlete's Web Digest - March 15, 2013

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2013
      those of the Runner's Web. Visit the Runner's Web at http://www.runnersweb.com The site is updated multiple times daily. Check out
      our daily news, features, polls, trivia, bulletin boards and more.

      1. Emilie's Run - The Emilie Mondor Memorial 5K Race for Women - Canada's Fastest Women's 5K.
      The 2013 race will be run on June 22nd.
      Sports 4 is providing cash prizing as follows:
      First Overall $1000, Second Overall $750, Third Overall $550, Fourth Overall $400, Fifth Overall $300
      First Masters (40 & over*) $500
      There are cash prizes for the following:
      New Race Record: $1000, New Masters (40 & over*) Record: $500, New 5 Year Age Category Age : $100
      *age as of Dec 31, 2013
      For more on the race visit the website
      at: http://www.emiliesrun.com.

      2. Toronto Waterfront Marathon, date October 14, 2012
      The fastest men's and women's marathon on Canadian soil!
      http://www.runnersweb.com/running/STWM_Transporter.html

      3. Goodlife Fitness Toronto Marathon - ~Online Registration is Now Open~
      Next year's race will be run on Sunday May 5, 2013
      http://www.torontomarathon.com/registration/online-registration.html

      4. Training Peaks
      The Runner's Web has partnered with Training Peaks to provide online
      coaching from experts such as Hal Higdon, Joel Friel and Matt
      Fitzgerald. Sign up at:
      https://home.trainingpeaks.com/create-account-personal-edition.aspx?af=RunnersWeb

      5. iRun Magazine
      iRun is Canada's highest-circulation and most popular running magazine. With a total distribution of 50,000 and more than 9,000
      subscribers, iRun is leading the market in the rapidly growing and highly desirable demographic of Canadian runners.
      http://www.irun.ca/

      7. Olympic Physical Therapy and Foot Orthotics:
      Olympic Physical Therapy and Foot Orthotics was founded in May of 2000 by Don Levine, MSPT and Bert Reid, DPT, to provide outpatient
      physical therapy and sports medicine rehabilitation to the residents of Rhode Island and South Eastern Massachusetts. Consistently
      assessing the needs of our communities while striving to provide the highest level of care and customer service. This has allowed
      Olympic and its staff to thrive and earn accolades such as, in 2007, becoming the first recipient of the Small Business of the Year
      award from The Newport Chamber of Commerce
      http://olympicpt-ri.com

      8. Rock n Roll Marathon, Portland.
      The scenic half marathon course starts and finishes Downtown adjacent to Waterfront Park. After a short tour of Downtown,
      participants will enjoy the first of two bridge crossings as they head to beautiful east Portland. There they will experience an
      eclectic mix of Portland neighborhoods, beautiful Laurelhurst Park and a wonderful downhill finish heading back towards Downtown.
      Visit the race website at:
      http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/portland

      ASSOCIATIONS:
      The Runner's Web is a member of Running USA, The National Professional
      Organization for the Running Industry.
      http://www.runningusa.org/

      NEW SUBSCRIBERS: Check the "New Subscribers' note at the bottom of the
      newsletter

      The Runner's and Triathlete's Web Digest is available
      [Long URL] The Digest is also available through other RSS Readers on request.

      Get the Runner's Web button for the Google Toolbar 4 for Internet
      Explorer from the link on our FrontPage at:
      http://www.runnersweb.com .

      SOCIAL MEDIA:
      TWITTER
      Follow us on Twitter at:
      http://twitter.com/runnersweb

      FACEBOOK
      We have reached the limit of 5000 friends on our Facebook page so we have added a Fans page at:
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/RunnersWebcom-Inc/189255654487874?sk=wall
      To join the Runner's Web Facebook group, if you are not a member of Facebook, you
      Join the almost 1,000 subscribers to the Runner's Web Facebook feeds.

      LINKEDIN
      Hurray! I have one of the top 5% most viewed @LinkedIn profiles for 2012. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/profile/12/495/204

      GOOGLE PLUS
      Join us on Google Plus at:
      https://plus.google.com/100703033363724076370?hl=en

      Shop Under Armour Outlet. New & Lower Prices Now on Over 650+ Items! Click Here for More Details.
      http://www.avantlink.com/click.php?tt=ml&ti=160643&pw=51243

      Event directors, add your event to our Event Calendar at:
      http://runnersweb.mhsoftware.com/

      We have 2757 subscribers as of publication time. Forward the Runner's Web Digest to a friend and suggest that they subscribe at:

      THE STRETCHING HANDBOOK
      The Stretching Handbook has gained a reputation as one of the most user friendly publications on stretching, flexibility and sports
      injury prevention. It's been endorsed by some of the biggest names in the health and fitness industry, and received rave reviews and
      testimonials from hundreds of satisfied customers worldwide.
      And now there's the perfect companion to The Stretching Handbook: The Stretching DVD! There's over 100 minutes of individual
      stretching exercises for every major muscle group in your body, and customized routines for the Upper Body, the Lower Body and the
      Neck, Back & Core.
      Visit the site at: http://www.thestretchinghandbook.com/cmd.php?af=245575

      ROAD RUNNER SPORTS
      http://www.runnersweb.com/running/Mobile_RRS.html

      * Sports Nutrition by Sheila Kealey. Sheila is one of Ottawa's top
      multisport athletes and a member of the OAC Racing Team and X-C Ottawa. She has a Masters in Public Health and works in the field of
      nutritional epidemiology as a Research Associate with the University of California, San Diego. Her column index is available at:

      http://www.pponline.co.uk

      community. We have NO personal postings this week.

      THIS WEEK'S DIGEST ARTICLE INDEX:

      1. Do Muscle Fibers Determine How Fast You Run?
      2. New Study Offers View Into Marathoners' Training, Injuries
      3. What Elite Runners Really Eat
      4. Why Your Brain Tires When Exercising
      5. Are All Women Runners at Risk for Iron Deficiency?
      A small study suggests so, but experts disagree
      6. Seven Tips for Staying Motivated To Run and Train
      7. Can Arginine Boost Endurance?
      A new study reverses earlier findings.
      8. Fitness Depends on Recovery
      9. Moving On From a Personal Worst
      10. When Exercise Stresses You Out
      11. Spring 2013 Running Shoe Guide
      12. Whoa There! Quick Switch to 'Barefoot' Shoes Can Be Bad to the Bone
      13. Video: Pete Jacobs Talks Run Technique
      14. Video: Energy Sources For Endurance Athletes
      15. This Week in Running

      THIS WEEK'S POLL:
      "What would be the best way(s) to manage the excessive demand for entry into many of the major marathons and triathlons?"
      Time stamped on-line entry
      Geographical quotas
      Performance standards
      Lottery
      Other

      Vote at: http://www.runnersweb.com/running/rw_vote.html

      PREVIOUS POLL RESULTS:
      What events will you do this year?
      Answers Percent Votes
      1.5,000m 6% 177
      2.10,000m 11% 312
      3.20k or Half-marathon 14% 411
      4.Marathon 12% 332
      5.Ultra 3% 88
      6.Sprint triathlon 21% 606
      7.Olympic distance triathlon 15% 436
      8.Half-ironman triathlon 8% 229
      9.Ironman triathlon 6% 168
      10.None of the above 3% 97
      Total Votes: 2856

      You can access the poll from our FrontPage (http://www.runnersweb.com) as well as checking the results of previous polls.

      FIVE STAR SITE OF THE MONTH: Salty Running.
      Salty Running is a resource for women runners seeking to improve their training and racing. We’re here for women who take their
      athletics seriously and want to learn how to run better, no matter what your pace. That doesn’t mean you need to be at a particular
      pace or level with your running, just that you love it and want to improve! We cater to every level of runner, from beginner to
      elite and everything in between. If you want to be a better, smarter, stronger, or faster runner then Salty Running is for you!
      We take a collaborative approach featuring several bloggers at once who share their training and insights as well as articles and
      features that are both informative and entertaining. If you’re interested in joining the Salty Running team visit the Write for
      Salty Running page for more information.
      Visit the site at:
      http://www.saltyrunning.com

      BOOK/VIDEO/MOVIE OF THE MONTH: The Secret Race.
      The Secret Race: Inside the Hidden World of the Tour de France: Doping, Cover-ups, and Winning at All Costs
      By Tyler Hamilton and Daniel Coyle
      The Secret Race is a definitive look at the world of professional cycling—and the doping issue surrounding this sport and its most
      iconic rider, Lance Armstrong—by former Olympic gold medalist Tyler Hamilton and New York Times bestselling author Daniel Coyle.
      Over the course of two years, Coyle conducted more than two hundred hours of interviews with Hamilton and spoke candidly with
      numerous teammates, rivals, and friends. The result is an explosive book that takes us, for the first time, deep inside a shadowy,
      fascinating, and surreal world of unscrupulous doctors, anything-goes team directors, and athletes so relentlessly driven to succeed
      that they would do anything—and take any risk, physical, mental, or moral—to gain the edge they need to win.
      Tyler Hamilton was once one of the world’s best-liked and top-ranked cyclists—a fierce competitor renowned among his peers for his
      uncanny endurance and epic tolerance for pain. In the 2003 Tour de France, he finished fourth despite breaking his collarbone in the
      early stages—and grinding eleven of his teeth down to the nerves along the way. He started his career with the U.S. Postal Service
      team in the 1990s and quickly rose to become Lance Armstrong’s most trusted lieutenant, and a member of his inner circle. For the
      first three of Armstrong’s record seven Tour de France victories, Hamilton was by Armstrong’s side, clearing his way. But just weeks
      after Hamilton reached his own personal pinnacle—winning the gold medal at the 2004 Olympics—his career came to a sudden,
      ignominious end: He was found guilty of doping and exiled from the sport.
      From the exhilaration of his early, naïve days in the peloton, Hamilton chronicles his ascent to the uppermost reaches of this
      unforgiving sport. In the mid-1990s, the advent of a powerful new blood-boosting drug called EPO reshaped the world of cycling, and
      a relentless, win-at-any-cost ethos took root. Its psychological toll would drive many of the sport’s top performers to substance
      abuse, depression, even suicide. For the first time ever, Hamilton recounts his own battle with clinical depression, speaks frankly
      about the agonizing choices that go along with the decision to compete at a world-class level, and tells the story of his
      complicated relationship with Lance Armstrong.
      A journey into the heart of a never-before-seen world, The Secret Race is a riveting, courageous act of witness from a man who is as
      determined to reveal the hard truth about his sport as he once was to win the Tour de France.
      Buy the book from Amazon at:
      http://tinyurl.com/bxxokhj

      http://www.runnersweb.com/running/human_kinetics.html and
      http://www.runnersweb.com/running/velopress.html

      THIS WEEK'S FEATURES:

      1. Do Muscle Fibers Determine How Fast You Run?
      It seems almost obvious that if you plan to go very fast for a short amount of time, you’d want plenty of fast-twitch muscle fibres.
      And if you hope to run slower for a longer amount of time that would require slow-twitch muscle fibres. But, the logistics of how
      these muscle fibres work and how much control you have over them is actually far less obvious.
      On average, people are born with about 50 percent slow-twitch muscle fibres and 50 percent fast-twitch. How much that varies depends
      primarily on genetics, said Scott Trappe, a professor of exercise science and director of the Human Performance Laboratory at Ball
      State University – and only a little on training. If you plan on being a world-class sprinter, you better “choose your parents
      wisely,” he joked.
      Everyone is born with multiple types of muscle fibres: Type I (also known as slow-twitch), Type IIa (intermediate fast-twitch), and
      Type IIx (super fast-twitch). About one-third of the fast-twitch muscles are typically made up of the intermediate fibres, said
      Jorge Zuniga, an assistant professor in the Department of Exercise Science at Creighton University.
      Fast-twitch muscle fibres are larger than slow-twitch fibres. “They actually look different,” said Zuniga. Those larger fibres are
      capable of more power and velocity, but are understandably not particularly efficient. They mostly utilize sugar for energy and the
      super fast-twitch fibres use a solely anaerobic energy process.
      More...from Triathlete Europe at:
      http://triathlete-europe.competitor.com/2013/03/07/do-muscle-fibers-determine-how-fast-you-run

      2. New Study Offers View Into Marathoners' Training, Injuries:
      It looks at the pre-training period, not the formal 18 weeks of marathon prep.
      We know surprisingly little about marathon training. Sure, more is better than less … up to a point. But where is that point? And
      what’s the proper blend of long runs and speed? And how many days a week should you train? The scientific literature contains little
      to no information about these critical questions.
      A new study from the University of Illinois at Chicago attempts to add to our knowledge in these areas, but falls short on several
      counts. The researchers sent questionnaires to about 100 marathoners enrolled in a Chicago Area Running Association
      marathon-training program prior to the 2011 Chicago Marathon. The questionnaires asked about the runner’s prior training before the
      18-week program, about their injuries during the first 12 weeks of training, about their “mental skills preparation,” and about
      their performance on Marathon day.
      More...from Running Times at:
      http://www.runnersworld.com/training-plans/new-study-offers-view-marathoners-training-injuries

      3. What Elite Runners Really Eat:
      Every runner knows proper nutrition is key to performing at your best. For professional runners who count on speedy times for job
      security, menu planning is paramount. But what do world champions really eat? Do they fuel up with specially-formulated smoothies or
      do all those miles afford the freedom to down stacks of pancakes on a daily basis?
      To find out, we went straight to the source. Three of the fastest women on the planet—Deena Kastor, Kara Goucher and Lauren
      Fleshman— opened up their refrigerators to give us a glimpse inside. What we discovered was heaps of fresh produce, plenty of
      protein and more than a few surprises . . .
      More...from Competitor Magazine at:
      http://womensrunning.competitor.com/2013/03/nutrition/what-elite-runners-really-eat_10950

      4. Why Your Brain Tires When Exercising:
      A marathon runner approaches the finishing line, but suddenly the sweaty athlete collapses to the ground. Everyone probably assumes
      that this is because he has expended all energy in his muscles. What few people know is that it might also be a braking mechanism in
      the brain which swings into effect and makes us too tired to continue. What may be occurring is what is referred to as 'central
      fatigue'.
      "Our discovery is helping to shed light on the paradox which has long been the subject of discussion by researchers. We have always
      known that the neurotransmitter serotonin is released when you exercise, and indeed, it helps us to keep going. However, the answer
      to what role the substance plays in relation to the fact that we also feel so exhausted we have to stop has been eluding us for
      years. We can now see it is actually a surplus of serotonin that triggers a braking mechanism in the brain. In other words,
      serotonin functions as an accelerator but also as a brake when the strain becomes excessive," says Associate Professor Jean-François
      Perrier from the Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, who has spearheaded the new research.
      More...from Science Daily at:
      http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/03/130304151805.htm

      5. Are All Women Runners at Risk for Iron Deficiency?
      A small study suggests so, but experts disagree.
      Many hard-training women runners realize they should consume sufficient iron to prevent anemia and reduced performance. A new study
      from Slovenia concludes that even less serious women runners should be on the alert. However, several U.S. sports nutritionists have
      expressed reservations about the study.
      Researchers gathered 14 women runners (14)who were training for the Ljubljana 10K or Half Marathon in October 2008. The runners were
      divided into two groups: one group of seven who already showed an iron deficiency, based on their serum ferritin levels, and one
      group of runners with normal iron levels.
      More...from Runner's World at:
      http://www.runnersworld.com/nutrition-runners/are-all-women-runners-risk-iron-deficiency

      6. Seven Tips for Staying Motivated To Run and Train:
      The preparation period for an event or performance several months in duration (e.g. a race or theatrical show) can be divided into
      three segments: Honeymoon, Serious Business and Light at the End of the Tunnel.
      Runners training now for a late spring race are into the Serious Business. The initial excitement has long worn off. You’re into
      some tough physical and mental slogging. It is at this point where motivation frequently wanes.
      Here are seven tips to rally the mental troops, kick your drive up a notch and stay on track:
      1. Make it sociable. If you tend to run alone, find a running buddy or group to run with. It’s much easier to stick with your plan
      if you know someone is counting on you to show up. In addition, you’ll find that group camaraderie is contagious and can help renew
      your enthusiasm for training.
      2. Treat yourself to a reward for achieving a very short term goal, like completing all of your scheduled runs next week. It’s a
      great excuse to get a relaxing massage or buy new running gear.
      More...from the IAWR at:
      http://www.iawr-connect.com/training/staying-motivated-run-train/

      7. Can Arginine Boost Endurance?
      A new study reverses earlier findings.
      Positive study results are more interesting than negative ones. This is no great secret -- in fact, it's a serious and widely
      acknowledged problem in health research and journalism. If you do 10 studies of some miracle cure, and nine of them find that it
      doesn't work but one of them produces seemingly hopeful results, guess which one is going to get accepted in a big journal and
      picked up by the media? I mention this because I was just flipping through new studies in the European Journal of Applied
      Physiology, and noticed one called "No effect of acute L-arginine on O(2) cost or exercise tolerance." Precisely the kind of
      non-result that none of us really need to know about, so I was about to keep scanning...
      More...from Sweat Science at:
      http://www.runnersworld.com/nutrition-runners/can-arginine-boost-endurance

      8. Fitness Depends on Recovery:
      The key to quickly getting in shape isn't so much the workouts you do as it is how fast you recover. The more rapidly you bounce
      back from strenuous exercise, the sooner you can do it again.
      There are several factors that influence the rate at which you recover. The most significant is age. Young people tend to respond
      more quickly than senior citizens. Experience is also important. Novices take longer to recover than do veterans. The more fit you
      are the faster you will recover, also.
      Psychological stress even plays a role. Financial concerns, negative thoughts, relationship issues, and business or school problems
      all slow recovery.
      Health also affects rejuvenation. When ill, even with a head cold, the body is using much of its resources to fight off the invader.
      Those resources would otherwise be used to boost fitness. Trying to exercise strenuously during an illness only makes matters worse
      as it spreads the infection more rapidly throughout the body.
      More...from the Sport Factory at:
      http://thesportfactory.com/site/trainingnews/Fitness_Depends_on_Recovery_257.shtml

      9. Moving On From a Personal Worst:
      Sometimes the finish line can seem like your worst enemy.
      I ran 1:40:54 at the New Orleans Half Marathon last month. My chip time was 1:40:54, and I recorded that time in my log. That time
      is recorded in the race results for the entire world to see. It was not my best half, and it was far from my goal of 1:30. In
      fact, it was the worst half marathon I ever finished. It was my Personal Worst, or “PW.”
      As endurance athletes, at some point, we are destined to have a bad race. There are so many variables that have to align in order
      for us to have that perfect day. One mishap can affect our entire performance. Even the elites have bad races. The important
      thing is to treat it as a learning experience.
      More...from Salty Running at:
      http://www.saltyrunning.com/2013/03/12/looking-forward-from-a-personal-worst/

      10. When Exercise Stresses You Out:
      For most people, exercise elevates mood. Repeated studies with humans and animals have shown that regular workouts can increase
      stress resistance, decrease anxiety, lessen symptoms of depression and generally leave people cheerful.
      But what if someone sincerely dislikes exercise and works out only under a kind of emotional duress, deeming that he or she must do
      so, perhaps because a doctor or worried spouse has ordered it?
      In that case, which is hardly uncommon, does the stress of being, in effect, forced to exercise reduce or cancel out the otherwise
      sturdy emotional benefits of physical activity?
      That issue has been of considerable interest to exercise scientists for some time, particularly those who work with animals, since
      in some experiments, animals are required to exercise at intensities or for durations that they don’t control. Such intense exercise
      greatly increases their stress, as measured by certain behaviors and by physiological markers like increased levels of the stress
      hormone cortisol.
      More...from the NY Times at:
      http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/13/when-exercise-stresses-you-out/?ref=health

      11. Spring 2013 Running Shoe Guide:
      Finding the right pair of shoes is a highly subjective exercise, but we've simplified the task by reviewing 13 top new models here.
      Click through to see our take on them, and then learn which shoe is best for you in our Shoe Finder Guide.
      http://tinyurl.com/at7xpwx

      12. Whoa There! Quick Switch to 'Barefoot' Shoes Can Be Bad to the Bone:
      For the growing number of runners who are considering trying "barefoot" five-finger running shoes, researchers at BYU have a message
      for you: Take it slow!
      A new study from a team of exercise science professors found that runners who transition too quickly to minimalist shoes suffer an
      increased risk of injury to bones in the foot, including possible stress fractures.
      With minimalist shoes now making up 15 percent of the $6.5 billion running shoe market, the findings are nothing to run from.
      "Transitioning to minimalist shoes is definitely stressful to the bones," said Sarah Ridge, study lead author and assistant
      professor of exercise science at BYU. "You have to be careful in how you transition and most people don't think about that; they
      just want to put the shoes on and go."
      The research, appearing online ahead of print in the journal Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, studied 36 experienced runners
      over a 10-week period.
      More...from Science Daily at:
      http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/03/130307092523.htm

      13. Video: Pete Jacobs Talks Run Technique:
      Anyone who knows anything about Pete Jacobs will tell you that he's a student of his sport(s). We spoke to the reigning Ironman
      World Champion about running - arguably the strongest aspect of his repertoire - and in particular his perspective on good
      technique...
      Watch the video at Triathlete Europe at:
      http://triathlete-europe.competitor.com/2013/03/13/video-pete-jacobs-talks-run-technique

      14. Video: Energy Sources For Endurance Athletes:
      As important as all of your training, making sure that your body is fuelled efficiently and effectively is key to success when both
      training and racing. In this video, Dr. Bob Sallis looks at energy sources for endurance athletes.
      More...from Triathlete Europe at:
      http://triathlete-europe.competitor.com/2013/03/07/video-energy-sources-for-endurance-athletes-2

      15. This Week in Running:
      10 Years Ago- Takami Ominami (JPN) won the 20th edition of the Nagoya Women's (JPN) Marathon over Risa
      Hagiwara (JPN), 2:25:03 to 2:28:14. Irina Bogacheva (KGZ) was 3rd at 2:28:17. Ominami
      finished this year's race in 46th place with a 2:57:03. This was Bogacheva's first sub-2:30
      in a string of three such over a period of three months.
      20 Years Ago- Yvonne Murray (SCO) won the IAAF World Indoor Championships (ON/CAN) 3000m by a huge margin
      over Margareta Keszeg (POL), 8:50.55 to 9:02.89. Lynn Jennings (USA) was the bronze medalist
      at 9:03.89 while Christina Mai (GER) was 4th at 9:04.14. Gennaro diNapoli (ITA) got the gold
      at the next day's men's race over Eric Debus (FRA), 7:50.26 to 7:50.57. Enrique Molina (ESP)
      was the bronze medalist at 7:51.10 and Robert Kennedy (USA) was just out of the medals at 7:51.27.
      30 Years Ago- Nick Rose (ENG) won the Jacksonville River Run (FL/USA) 15K by less than a second over Marcus
      Nenow (USA), both runners were given the same time of 43:42. David Murphy (ENG) was 3rd at 43:54.
      Charlotte Teske (GER) won the women's race by some 30 seconds over Eleanor Simonsick (USA),
      50:17 to 50:48. Ingrid Kristiansen (NOR) was 3rd at 50;51 while Jacqueline Gareau (CAN) was
      4th at 51:04.
      40 Years Ago- Emile Puttemans and Willy Poleunis went 1-2 at the European Indoor Championships (NED) 3000m
      for Belgium with times of 7:44.51 and 7:51.86 respectively. Pekka Paivarinta (FIN) took the
      bronze medal at 7:52.97.
      50 Years Ago- Jeff Julian took the New Zealand marathon title with a 2:22:52 with Barry Magee (NZL) finishing
      2nd at 2:24:48.
      60 Years Ago- Fumio Kuramoto (JPN) won the Kagawa (JPN) Marathon with a time of 2:49:16.
      From The Analytical Distance Runner, the newsletter for the Association of Road
      Racing Statisticians with a focus on races, 3000m
      and longer, including road, track, and cross-country events

      *Please verify event dates with the event websites available from our FrontPage
      (www.runnersweb.com)

      March 15, 2013:
      Tel Aviv Gillette Marathon - Israel
      ** Postponed to March 22nd due to heat**

      March 16, 2013:
      Badger Cove Half-Marathon, 10K, 5K - Livermore, CA

      Canyonlands Half-Marathon & 5 Mile - Moab, UT

      LA Big 5K - Los Angeles, CA

      Rock 'n' Roll USA Marathon & CareFirst Half-Marathon - Washington, DC March 16-17, 2013:
      Yuengling Shamrock Marathon & Anthem Half-Marathon - Virginia Beach, VA March 17, 2013:
      ASICS LA Marathon - Los Angeles, CA

      First Watch Sarasota Half-Marathon - Sarasota, FL

      NYC Half - New York, NY

      Publix Georgia Marathon & Half-Marathon - Atlanta, GA

      St. Patrick's Irish Traditions 5K - St. Paul, MN

      June 22, 2013
      Emilie's Run - The Emilie Mondor Memorial 5K Race for Women
      http://www.emiliesrun.com

      mailto:runnersweb@yahoogroups.com and in our Runner's Web Forum,
      available off our FrontPage. If you post to the mailing list and
      mailto:webmaster@... to notify us of the problem. To update
      your Runner's Web eGroups subscriber's profile, go to the
      website at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RunnersWeb/join , sign in and
      update your changes.

      Ken

      Ken Parker
      www.RunnersWeb.com
      mailto:kparker@...
      613-746-4053
      http://www.OACRacingTeam.com
      http://www.EmiliesRun.com
      Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google Plus