Runner's and Triathlete's Web Digest - June 1, 2012

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2012
      those of the Runner's Web. Visit the Runner's Web at http://www.runnersweb.com The site is updated multiple times daily. Check out
      our daily news, features, polls, trivia, bulletin boards and more.

      1. Emilie's Run - The Emilie Mondor Memorial 5K Race for Women - Canada's Fastest Women's 5K.
      The 2012 race will be run on June 23rd.
      The 2012 edition of Sports 4 Emilie's Run sees the return of cash prizes for what is traditionally the "fastest" women's only race
      in Canada. Sports 4 is providing cash prizing as follows:
      First Overall $1000, Second Overall $750, Third Overall $550, Fourth Overall $400, Fifth Overall $300
      First Masters (40 & over*) $500
      First Team (5 members) $1000
      There are cash prizes for the following:
      New Race Record: $1000, New Masters (40 & over*) Record: $500, New 5 Year Age Category Age : $100
      *age as of Dec 31, 2012
      For more on the race visit the website
      at: http://www.emiliesrun.com.

      3. Toronto Waterfront Marathon, date October 14, 2012
      The fastest men's and women's marathon on Canadian soil!
      http://www.runnersweb.com/running/STWM_Transporter.html

      4. Goodlife Fitness Toronto Marathon - ~Online Registration is Now Open~
      Next year's race will be run on Sunday May 5, 2013
      http://www.torontomarathon.com/registration/online-registration.html

      5. Training Peaks
      The Runner's Web has partnered with Training Peaks to provide online
      coaching from experts such as Hal Higdon, Joel Friel and Matt
      Fitzgerald. Sign up at:
      https://home.trainingpeaks.com/create-account-personal-edition.aspx?af=RunnersWeb

      6. iRun Magazine
      iRun is Canada's highest-circulation and most popular running magazine. With a total distribution of 50,000 and more than 9,000
      subscribers, iRun is leading the market in the rapidly growing and highly desirable demographic of Canadian runners.
      http://www.irun.ca/

      7. Olympic Physical Therapy and Foot Orthotics:
      Olympic Physical Therapy and Foot Orthotics was founded in May of 2000 by Don Levine, MSPT and Bert Reid, DPT, to provide outpatient
      physical therapy and sports medicine rehabilitation to the residents of Rhode Island and South Eastern Massachusetts. Consistently
      assessing the needs of our communities while striving to provide the highest level of care and customer service. This has allowed
      Olympic and its staff to thrive and earn accolades such as, in 2007, becoming the first recipient of the Small Business of the Year
      award from The Newport Chamber of Commerce
      http://olympicpt-ri.com

      8.. Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon - March 18, 2012
      Run the capital of the south! Start and finish your journey in celebrated Centennial Olympic Park right in downtown Atlanta. Run
      through some of the most beautiful and historic neighborhoods including the birthplace of Martin Luther King, Jr., the Jimmy Carter
      Library & Museum and the bohemian Little Five Points neighborhood. Be cheered along the way by hydration station teams and
      neighborhood
      Cheering zones. All participants will receive a unique finisher's medal and technical race shirt. Register Today!
      http://www.rungeorgiamarathon.com

      9. Toronto Yonge Street 10K - April 22, 2012:
      November 24/11: Running Room announces 5-year partnership with Canada Running Series as OFFICIAL CLINIC PARTNER of Toronto Yonge
      Street 10K. Ten-week clinics to begin the week February 13 at more than 40 Running Room locations across Ontario and Quebec.
      "We're absolutely thrilled with this new partnership," said CRS Race Director Alan Brookes. "We have had such a great partnership
      with Running Room over the last 5 years at Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon & Half, it is just tremendous that we are able to
      work together over the Spring season. It's a natural. Both teams are passionately committed to promoting running and fitness for
      everyone in Canada. The 10K distance is a GREAT starting point for new runners; together, we look forward to bringing thousands more
      'newbies' to the Start Line, and with the world famous Running Room Clinics supporting them, we know there will be many more smiling
      faces at the Finish Line!"
      More detailed information on Running Room Clinics coming soon!
      http://www.canadarunningseries.com/toronto10k/index.htm

      10. Montreal Oasis Marathon - September 23, 2012:
      Oasis Marathon & ½ Marathon de Montréal, part of the Rock `n' Roll Marathon Series
      The former Marathon Oasis de Montréal will still be operated by the local Montréal team that has produced the historic and
      successful event for the past 21 years. The team is working together with Competitor Group, Inc. to enhance the 2012 event with
      music, entertainment and exciting Rock `n' Roll series elements while continuing to maintain the integrity of the race. Thank you
      for your patience as we transition the websites and prepare to open the 2012 registration for the Oasis Marathon & ½ Marathon de
      Montréal, part of the Rock `n' Roll Marathon Series.
      http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/montreal/en

      ASSOCIATIONS:
      The Runner's Web is a member of Running USA, The National Professional
      Organization for the Running Industry.
      http://www.runningusa.org/

      NEW SUBSCRIBERS: Check the "New Subscribers' note at the bottom of the
      newsletter

      The Runner's and Triathlete's Web Digest is available
      [Long URL] The Digest is also available through other RSS Readers on request.

      Get the Runner's Web button for the Google Toolbar 4 for Internet
      Explorer from the link on our FrontPage at:
      http://www.runnersweb.com .

      TWITTER
      Follow us on Twitter at:
      http://twitter.com/runnersweb

      FACEBOOK
      We have reached the limit of 5000 friends on our Facebook page so we have added a Fans page at:
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/RunnersWebcom-Inc/189255654487874?sk=wall

      To join the Runner's Web Facebook group, if you are not a member of Facebook, you

      Event directors, add your event to our Event Calendar at:
      http://runnersweb.mhsoftware.com/

      We have 2726 subscribers as of publication time. Forward the Runner's Web Digest to a friend and suggest that they subscribe at:

      ROAD RUNNER SPORTS
      http://www.runnersweb.com/running/Mobile_RRS.html

      * Sports Nutrition by Sheila Kealey. Sheila is one of Ottawa's top
      multisport athletes and a member of the OAC Racing Team and X-C Ottawa. She has a Masters in Public Health and works in the field of
      nutritional epidemiology as a Research Associate with the University of California, San Diego. Her column index is available at:

      * Running Research News: RRN's free, weekly, training update provides subscribers with the most-current, practical, scientifically
      based information about training, sports nutrition, injury prevention, and injury rehabilitation. The purpose of this weekly e-zine
      is to improve subscribers' training quality and to help them train in an injury-free manner. Running Research News also publishes a
      complete, 12-page, electronic newsletter 10 times a year (one-year subscriptions are $35); to learn more about Running Research
      News, please see the Online Article Index and "About Running Research News" sections below or go to www.RRNews.com. Check out the
      article index at: http://www.runnersweb.com/running/RRN_index.html

      community. We have ONE personal posting this week.
      MyCanFund.ca.
      With every donation to CAN Fund you find out the name of the
      athlete supported and receive a tax receipt. DONATE TO SUPPORT OUR CANADIAN ATHLETES TRAINING FOR LONDON.
      More...
      http://mycanfund.ca./
      Donate here:
      http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=1039771
      Nikkita Holder, Athletics (100m Hurdles) recently became a CAN Fund Recipient. Nikkita was Canada's top hurdler at the 2011 World
      Championships finishing 6th and is a 2012 Olympic hopeful. There are over 45 Canadian athletes from Athletics on our waitings.
      Donate to help our athletes
      succeed at www.MyCANFund.com and receive a tax receipt and the name of athlete supported

      THIS WEEK'S DIGEST ARTICLE INDEX:

      1. More women are getting up and running
      2. Dehydration Ain’t All That Bad
      3. Stride science: Learning how the body works during a run holds injury insight
      4. The Science Behind High Molecular Carbohydrates
      5. 5 Ways To Improve Flexibility
      Establishing A Stretching Routine Is Key To Performance.
      6. Mental Training
      7. Timex Marathon Women's - The Affordable GPS For Walkers, Runners and Cyclists
      8. Nightime Eating: Same Calories, Extra Weight Gain?
      9. Transition Into Summer Running
      10. Fitness: Five habits that hold you back
      11. Refuel Right
      Sort out the myths from the facts on post-workout meals and snacks.
      12. Video: Prevention And Treatment Of Plantar Fasciitis
      13. You Are Never Too Old To Start Running
      14. Dr. Gabe Mirkin's Fitness and Health e-Zine
      15. For Some, Exercise May Increase Heart Risk

      THIS WEEK'S POLL:
      "Which aspects of race organization are important to you?"
      Certified course
      Accurate timing
      Traffic-free course
      Aid stations
      T-shirts
      Finisher medals
      Prize money
      Medical services
      Large field

      Vote in the poll at:
      http://www.runnersweb.com/running/rw_vote.html

      PREVIOUS POLL RESULTS:
      What is/are your favourite race distance(s)?
      Answers Percent Votes
      1 Marathon 11% 48
      2 Half-Marathon 13% 56
      3 10K 11% 46
      4 8K 9% 37
      5 5K 11% 48
      6 Steeplechase 9% 36
      7 1500M/Mile 10% 40
      8 800M 10% 40
      9 Sprints 8% 35
      10 Ultras 8% 33
      Total Votes: 419

      You can access the poll from our FrontPage (http://www.runnersweb.com) as well as checking the results of previous polls.

      FIVE STAR SITE OF THE MONTH: TriZone.
      Triathlon News - Powering the World of Triathletes.
      This is an Australian site with News, Features and Athlete profiles and covers Olympic through Ironman distances.
      Visit the site at:
      http://www.trizone.com.au/

      BOOK/VIDEO/MOVIE OF THE MONTH: Waterlogged
      By Timothy Noakes
      Product Description
      "Drink as much as you can, even before you feel thirsty." That's been the mantra to athletes and coaches for the past three decades,
      and bottled water and sports drinks have flourished into billion-dollar industries in the same short time. The problem is that an
      overhydrated athlete is at a performance disadvantage and at risk of exercise-associated hyponatremia (EAH)--a potentially fatal
      condition.
      Dr. Tim Noakes takes you inside the science of athlete hydration for a fascinating look at the human body’s need for water and how
      it uses the liquids it ingests. He also chronicles the shaky research that reported findings contrary to results in nearly all of
      Noakes’ extensive and since-confirmed studies.
      In Waterlogged, Noakes sets the record straight, exposing the myths surrounding dehydration and presenting up-to-date hydration
      guidelines for endurance sport and prolonged training activities. Enough with oversold sports drinks and obsessing over water
      consumption before, during, and after every workout, he says. Time for the facts—and the prevention of any more needless fatalities.

      Buy the book from Human Kinetics at:
      http://www.humankinetics.com/products/showproduct.cfm?associate=880&isbn=9781450424974

      http://www.runnersweb.com/running/human_kinetics.html and
      http://www.runnersweb.com/running/velopress.html

      THIS WEEK'S FEATURES:

      1. More women are getting up and running:
      It appears New Zealand is firmly in the grip of a man drought with Statistics New Zealand saying there are nearly 49,000 more women
      than men in the 25 to 49 age group.
      It's a phenomenon I'm seeing at street level - there appears to be a running man drought too.
      This is a wholly unscientific observation. It seemed whenever I run men are in the minority and it is not unusual for women to
      outnumber the blokes three to one. The only exception is after dark when the gender balance evens out on the local footpaths.
      In the US, the dominance of running by women is a full-blown trend.
      According to Running USA's comprehensive survey of all things running, women made up 53 per cent of event fields in the US in 2010,
      compared to just 25 per cent in 1990.
      It comes as part of a wider surge in the popularity of running that saw a 10 per cent increase in finishers in 2010, with 2011
      predicted to show similar growth.
      More...from the NZ Herald at:
      http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=10807299

      2. Dehydration Ain’t All That Bad:
      Conventional wisdom among runners is that dehydration is to be avoided at all costs. After all, doesn’t dehydration cause
      overheating? Doesn’t dehydration often result in heat distress? Doesn’t dehydration severely impair performance? Aren’t runners who
      collapse near or at the end of a race severely dehydrated and should be treated with rapid hydration?
      Most of the running community will answer these questions with a resounding “yes”. This all seems very logical and
      commonsense……….but it is not true!
      Over the past several years, the “dehydration is evil” theory has been disproved by Dr. Tim Noakes, one of the most eminent exercise
      physiologists. (Incidentally, Dr. Noakes is probably the only researcher in his field to have his own Wikipedia entry).
      More...from the IAWR at:
      http://www.iawr-connect.com/training/dehydration2012/

      3. Stride science: Learning how the body works during a run holds injury insight"
      Running’s been described as a series of one-legged motions, but David Pearsall, a seven-time marathon finisher and professor in the
      department of kinesiology at McGill University, uses simpler terms to describe running mechanics. Basically, he says, we hop.
      “The body works like a spring, like a pogo stick, and as you hop from one leg to the other, you store and release elastic energy in
      the muscles and tendons,” says Pearsall, explaining that energy is spent and recovered as we alternate legs and move through each
      phase of the stride. “When we run, the body works with incredible energy efficiency — economically, it’s the best way to move at
      high speeds.”
      More...from the National Post at:
      http://tinyurl.com/72zuvge

      4. The Science Behind High Molecular Carbohydrates:
      A revolutionary product is changing the way athletes fuel for endurance events:
      Glucose, sucrose, fructose, and maltodextrin; all simple sugars that, when ingested and broken down by the body, provide you an
      immediate source of energy. The process also causes a sudden flood of insulin to the body by way of the pancreas; as the sugars are
      digested this insulin level then takes a nosedive, at which point your muscles again crave energy.
      These sugars are the basis of nearly all sports drinks, gels, and performance supplements. They are the means by which endurance
      athletes thrive because they are a means of quick energy and help stave off bonking.
      But what if there was something else; something that prevented blood glucose and insulin levels from constantly spiking and dropping
      like a wayward EKG? To even avoid insulin being released at all? Theoretically, if we were able to avoid the ups and downs and
      instead keep the body fueled with a constant, even supply of energy, it should be able to run more efficiently.
      Secondly, the slow-time release approach to blood glucose levels would provide longer lasting energy. This means you wouldn’t need
      to ingest nearly as much of a certain starch to get the same results; more bang for your buck, so to speak
      More...from Competitor Magazine at:
      http://running.competitor.com/2012/04/nutrition/the-science-behind-high-molecular-carbohydrates_50415
      [Note: The Runner's Web is an affiliate of Generation UCAN]

      5 Ways To Improve Flexibility:
      Establishing A Stretching Routine Is Key To Performance.
      Instead of viewing a flexibility routine as something you must do each day, view it as something to look forward to.
      By John Howard and Gina Poertner, CHES
      Stretching is a bit like religion. Some of us are fervent believers, starting or ending each day with our favorite stretching
      regimens. Some athletes give it lip service, performing perfunctory toe touches and a few stretches of the hamstrings or quadriceps
      after a run or bike ride. Others abstain from stretching completely, thinking it a pointless and time-consuming inconvenience. The
      reality is that paying attention to flexibility will provide you with daily rewards you can feel. Assuming that you are a committed
      multisport athlete, flexibility takes on a deeper significance should you be planning on using your body well beyond the average
      expiration date.
      Although flexibility is somewhat dependent on genetics, gender, and age, there is a lot we can do to improve what nature has
      bestowed upon us. A little bit of time dedicated to improving soft tissue mobility will result in worthwhile benefits out on the tri
      course.
      More...from Ironman.com at:
      http://ironman.com/training/5-ways-to-improve-flexibility#ixzz1wIIEOaC8

      6. Mental Training :
      Most athletes spend a great deal of time physically training their bodies for the rigors of competitive sport. While physical
      training is undoubtedly necessary, it is not the whole key to successful competition. The mind also plays an important part in
      athletic success.
      In x-c running, mental skills can be used to overcome a variety of situations. Specifically, visualizing a positive outcome can be
      used to overcome pre-competition nervousness. Positive self-talk and affirmations can be used to block out pain during tough parts
      of races. Indeed, the mind can control how the body reacts to a situation.
      Fortunately, a number of mental training techniques are available to contribute to success as a runner. Mastering these techniques,
      however, takes regular practice.
      Specific Techniques
      The following mental techniques can help when running. Depending upon the technique, they may be practiced before, during, or after
      a workout or race:
      More...from Run Quick at:
      http://www.runquick.com/corcorn/mental.htm

      7. Timex Marathon Women's - The Affordable GPS For Walkers, Runners and Cyclists:
      Timex Marathon Women's is the least expensive pacing tool available for women walkers, joggers and bikers on the market. For only
      $99 it serves up excellent pacing functions for those who are not concerned with heart rate or don't like wearing a strap.
      Absent a heart rate monitor it does offer female runners and cyclists both average and real-time pacing data for their running and
      cycling workouts. For many women who do not wish to wear a chest strap for heart rate it can be the ideal pacing tool.
      More...from The Heart Rate Watch Company at:
      http://www.heartratewatchcompany.com/timex-marathon-women-p/timex-marathon-women.htm

      8. Nightime Eating: Same Calories, Extra Weight Gain?
      Here's a neat study, just published in Cell Metabolism, whose results I wouldn't have guessed in advance. Take two groups of mice.
      Let one group eat as much as it wants, whenever it wants. Feed the other group the exact same amount and type of food, but only at
      night (bear in mind that mice are nocturnal, so feeding them only at night is the equivalent of humans eating only during the day).
      Which group gains more weight?
      To heighten the suspense, I'll post this somewhat confusing but mildly funny graphical representation of the experiment.
      More...from Sweat Science at:
      http://sweatscience.runnersworld.com/2012/05/nightime-eating-same-calories-extra-weight-gain/

      9. Transition Into Summer Running:
      The summer months are quickly approaching and your body will need to adjust not only to the changing climate, but to the inevitable
      increase in mileage. Below I’ve composed a list of things that will make this transition easier for you and your legs.
      Water
      Don’t leave your water at home on your long runs, especially if you run on trails. Water fountains can be hard to come by on remote
      trails and I don’t recommend leisurely drinking out of a steam. There are tons of great companies that make belts, handhelds and
      backpacks that can hold all your water needs
      More...from Active.com at:
      http://tinyurl.com/77pukwt

      10. Fitness: Five habits that hold you back:
      If you’ve finished working out long before most people have finished their morning coffee, head to the gym when others head home
      after a long day at the office or pack your workout gear before packing your underwear when heading out of town, you probably don’t
      need a lecture about fitness habits that are holding you back. Or do you?
      Even the most dedicated exercisers have habits that need breaking. In fact, veteran fitness fanatics are probably more entrenched in
      their workout routines than exercise newbies. So it’s to those of you who work hard to stay in shape that I dedicate this list of
      five fitness habits that are holding you back from being as fit as you can be.
      More...from the Montreal Gazette at:
      http://www.montrealgazette.com/Fitness+Five+habits+that+hold+back/6703218/story.html#ixzz1wOOXSvtE

      11. Refuel Right:
      Sort out the myths from the facts on post-workout meals and snacks.
      by Nancy Clark, MS, RD, CSSD
      What's best to eat for recovery after a hard workout? That's what marathoners, body builders, and fitness junkies alike repeatedly
      ask. They read ads for commercial recovery foods that demand a 3 to 1 ratio of carbs to protein, tout the benefits of a proprietary
      formula, or emphasize immediate consumption the minute you stop exercising. While these ads offer an element of truth, consumers
      beware: engineered recovery foods are not more effective than standard foods. The purpose of this article is to educate you, a
      hungry athlete, about how to choose an optimal recovery diet.
      More...from Ironman.com at:
      http://tinyurl.com/cy6ztxk

      12. Video: Prevention And Treatment Of Plantar Fasciitis:
      In this video, Dr. Jordan Metzl discusses the problem of plantar fasciitis, a pesky and painful heel injury that plagues many
      runners. Learn how to identify the symptoms and get tips for treatment and prevention of this annoying ailment.
      Watch the video at Competitor.com at:
      http://running.competitor.com/2012/05/videos/video-prevention-and-treatment-of-plantar-fasciitis_53131

      13. You Are Never Too Old To Start Running:
      It means the ability to go on working for hours at a slow speed, or with alternating periods of high level and low level activity.
      If the pace is slow, most of the energy will come from fats – and a kilogram of fat provides enough energy to run for 50 miles.
      Moreover, in a slow-paced event it is possible to take in high carbohydrate drinks on the move. Since speed is less important for
      these types of events, older athletes are not handicapped by lack of pace and may have better capacities for metabolising fatty
      acids than their younger counterparts.
      As you get older, the elasticity of your heart diminishes and with it your maximum heart rate. The rule of thumb is that your
      maximum heart rate, in beats per minute, is 214 minus (0.8 x age), but consistent training slows the decline. In any case, when
      adopting ‘ready-made’ training schedules from a book, it is advisable to check your real heart rate rather than relying on an
      estimate. Other things being equal, the greater your aerobic fitness the less
      More...from Running 4 Women at:
      http://tinyurl.com/bvrynz7

      14. Dr. Gabe Mirkin's Fitness and Health e-Zine:
      ** Intense Exercise More Effective than Just Exercising in Preventing and Treating Diabetes
      In the last few years, 24 studies have compared the effects of high to low intensity exercises on health. The authors who reviewed
      these studies defined high intensity training as
      repeat brief periods of very vigorous exercise, followed by low intensity recovery periods (Sports Medicine, Auckland, N.Z., June,
      2012;42(6):489-509). For example, the subjects would exercise intensely until the muscles start to burn, then slow down until the
      burn goes away and repeat this series until the legs start to stiffen. These short periods of intense exercise would allow even
      untrained individuals to work harder than they would otherwise because they rested between each short burst of intensity.
      The programs lasted from two weeks to six months. All of the studies showed that high intensity exercise promoted much higher
      levels of physical fitness and all studies showed marked improvement in insulin sensitivity. This means that high-intensity
      exercise could lower high blood sugar levels in the 35 percent of North Americans who are either pre-diabetic or diabetic. It took
      at least 12 weeks of high intensity training (HIT) to bring high fasting blood sugars down to normal, and eight weeks of HIT to
      improve the good HDL cholesterol. It took at least 12 weeks to lower high blood pressure in all participants, and to reduce body
      weight in overweight subjects. High intensity exercise did not improve total cholesterol, the bad LDL cholesterol or triglycerides.

      INTENSE EXERCISE MORE EFFECTIVE IN PROLONGING LIFE: In another study, researchers compared intensity of exercise with age of death
      in 7456 men and women followed for five years (American Journal of Public Health. April, 2012;102(4):698-704). Those who exercised
      at least one hour per week had a 33 percent lower risk of death during that period and those who had a regular sports routine were
      even less likely to die during that period.
      From Dr Gabe Mirkin at:
      http://www.drmirkin.com

      15. For Some, Exercise May Increase Heart Risk:
      Could exercise actually be bad for some healthy people? A well-known group of researchers, including one who helped write the
      scientific paper justifying national guidelines that promote exercise for all, say the answer may be a qualified yes.
      By analyzing data from six rigorous exercise studies involving 1,687 people, the group found that about 10 percent actually got
      worse on at least one of the measures related to heart disease: blood pressure and levels of insulin, HDL cholesterol or
      triglycerides. About 7 percent got worse on at least two measures. And the researchers say they do not know why.
      “It is bizarre,” said Claude Bouchard, lead author of the paper, published on Wednesday in the journal PLoS One, and a professor of
      genetics and nutrition at the Pennington Biomedical Research Center, part of the Louisiana State University system.
      More...from the NY Times at:
      http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05/30/can-exercise-be-bad-for-you/?ref=nutrition

      THIS WEEK'S FEATURED EVENTS:
      *Please verify event dates with the event websites available from our FrontPage
      (www.runnersweb.com)

      June 2, 2012:
      Deadwood Mickelson Trail Marathon - Deadwood, SD

      15th Dodge Rock 'n' Roll San Diego Marathon & Half, CA

      Freihofer's Run for Women - Albany, NY

      Hospital Hill Run - Half-Marathon - Kansas City, MO

      Prefontaine Classic - Eugene, OR

      (5th) ZOOMA Annapolis Half-Marathon & 10K - MD

      June 23, 2012
      Sports 4 Emilie's Run - Ottawa, ON
      http://www.emiliesrun.com

      July 27 - August 12, 2012:
      London 2012 Olympic Games - London, UK

      mailto:runnersweb@yahoogroups.com and in our Runner's Web Forum,
      available off our FrontPage. If you post to the mailing list and
      mailto:webmaster@... to notify us of the problem. To update
      your Runner's Web eGroups subscriber's profile, go to the
      website at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RunnersWeb/join , sign in and
      update your changes.

      Ken

      Ken Parker
      www.RunnersWeb.com
      mailto:kparker@...
      613-746-4053
      http://www.OACRacingTeam.com
      http://www.EmiliesRun.com

      *** END OF RUNNER'S AND TRIATHLETE'S WEB DIGEST...***