whne god said no to ur prayers...how will u react..

  • genie abueg
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2005
      Responding to Closed Doors
      PHILIPPIANS 4:6-7

      Disappointments can be hard to bear. One minute life seems on track
      for what we hope and dream. The next moment our way is blocked. How
      do we respond when faced with closed doors?

      If our hearts are set on a certain course of action, we may convince
      ourselves it is God's will and push ahead anyway. We might send up a
      quick prayer asking for His help or blessing, but mostly we just move
      forward. By manipulating people or circumstances, we could get what
      we want but be outside of God's plan. Another way we respond to a
      blocked path is to become emotionally upset. Then we face the danger
      of remaining in our feelings and replacing our Christ-centered
      perspective with a self-centered one. Strong emotions can lead us to
      try to blame someone, especially the Lord. Anger toward Him can lead
      us to rebel against Him and His ways.

      Godly responses, on the other hand, start with waiting and trusting.
      When the Lord blocks our way, we are to have faith in Him, taking
      time to assess the situation, and praying for guidance. By asking the
      Spirit to increase our sensitivity to the events around us, we will
      be able to notice any open doors. Even if we find none, we are to
      live with hope, anticipating other doors of opportunity in His
      perfect time. Thanking God for His work on our behalf is essential,
      even at times when we lack understanding. Finally, remaining faithful
      to what the Lord has called us to do is an important part of our
      wait.

      Wait. Trust. Pray. Obey. This is God's prescription for handling
      closed doors.