Why Read The Bible?

  • Momsooky
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2013

        Why Read The Bible?

      "I'm a busy person. I have a lot to do. Why should I spend my
      time reading the Bible? I don't have time to do all I need to
      do as it is."

      "I already believe in Jesus Christ, that He's the Son of God
      and my Savior. I've already heard the Gospel."

      "Why should I read the Bible?"

      Please think about the following Scriptures. Then, you will
      understand why you should read the Bible.

      JOHN 8:31-32 RSV
      31 Jesus then said to the Jews who had believed in him, "If you
      continue in my word, you are truly my disciples,
      32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you
      free."

      JOHN 14:23-24 RIEU
      23 Jesus replied: 'If anyone loves me he will cherish my word;
      my Father will love him and we will come to him and make him
      our abode.
      24 He that does not love me neglects my words. Yet the word you
      hear is not my own but that of the Father who sent me.

      ACTS 20:32 NKJ
      32 "So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of
      His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an
      inheritance among all those who are sanctified.

      SAY THIS: I will read and study the Bible.

      A devotion
      Author unknown

      "a merry heart doeth good like a medicine" Prov 17:22

    • Momsooky