Making Disciples

  • Gaynell DeLappe
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16 1:41 PM

      If you are unable to see the message below, click here to view.

      Oct 23, 2012

      Making Disciples

      Read | Matthew 28:18-20

      Scripture teaches us to tell others about Jesus Christ. And while sharing the gospel is awesome, it is simply not enough. We should continue to encourage and invest in new believers. Many don't know where to begin reading in the Bible or how to spend time with their heavenly Father.

      Of course, God takes each person's spiritual journey seriously, and He won't leave a seeking heart unsatisfied. At the same time, we have a responsibility to invest in the lives of spiritual brothers and sisters by sharing our understanding and experience.

      This type of teaching is called discipleship, and it is both an honor and a great responsibility. As you commence this type of relationship, consider the following points.

      First, make sure to continually spend time with the Lord so that you are growing and in tune with His Spirit. Second, be prepared with a plan. Your friend needs to understand the basics, such as how to read the Bible, what prayer is, and where to find fellowship. New believers will have questions--answers are important, as is your ability to find resources when you are unsure of how to reply. Third, help the individual understand generally what to expect as he embarks on his Christian walk. Tomorrow, we will explore the stages of a believer's journey.

      Most of us learned, struggled, and learned some more till we began to understand the basics of life in Christ. Godly mentors can be a tremendous help. And remember, no matter how long we've believed, we never stop needing advice and encouragement from those farther along in the journey.

      The Ultimate Conversation – Available Now

      Subscribe/Unsubscribe | Contact Us | InTouch.org | Become a Fan on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter | Forward to a Friend

      This e-mail was sent by In Touch Ministries: P.O. Box 7900, Atlanta, GA 30357 | Ph: (800) 789-1473