NO SHORT CUTS!

  • Momsooky
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 5:14 PM
      DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
      BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
      Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
      May 1, 2013
      NO SHORT CUTS!
      II Chronicles 7:14-15
      If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer made in this place.
      One of my greatest battlegrounds is the area of prayer. Thursday, May 2nd has been designated as the National Day of Prayer. I know that many Christians, including myself, will be praying that day. In preparation I have been considering what true and effectual prayer really is.
      In this familiar Scripture in II Chronicles 7:14-15, we have a clear and concise pattern to follow. I want us to fully understand that there are NO SHORT CUTS in this process. If you are like me, you will find yourself praying for results rather than reading the instructions. Thank the Lord that they are provided.
      HUMBLE OURSELVES: That means giving over our rights to the Lord and allowing Him to be the Lord of our life.
      PRAY: This is not a casual recital of high sounding platitudes, but a heart-felt plea for the Lord to show us the plans He has for us.
      SEEK HIS FACE: We need to strive to establish that intimate relationship with the Lord in order to insure that we are becoming more like Him each day.
      TURN FROM OUR WICKED WAYS: Seek to discover what the lord counts as sin and confess it immediately. Revival starts with us. Before we can see others change, we must change!
      Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and be a blessing!
      - - - Pastor Cecil
      If this email is not displaying properly, click here: www.Daily-E-Votional.comYou can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord. Please feel free to forward this E-Votional on to your family

      "a merry heart doeth good like a medicine" Prov 17:22