I DARE YOU!

  • Momsooky
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2013
      DAILY-E-VOTIONAL

      BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
      Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
      April 8, 2013
      I DARE YOU!
      Deuteronomy 30:19
      I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live.
      When I was a kid we would occasionally dare one of our friends to do something that required special effort. It was usually something that we would have a hard time doing ourselves and as often as not, something that was dangerous and really should not have been attempted.
      I am not sure if the same dares take place today, but they probably do. As I read the closing words of Deuteronomy chapter 30, I see that Moses challenges his readers with perhaps the biggest dare anyone could make – life or death!
      Any rational person would think that this challenge was a no brainer. Who in their right mind would not choose life? The sad answer is that the majority of people then, as well as in our own day, choose death instead of life.
      We choose death when we fail to respond to the written Word of God. We choose death when we opt to follow our own way and reject the offer of life that the Lord offers all who will receive it. The challenge is still there before us – will you choose life or death. I beg you to choose life!
      Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and be a blessing!
      - - - Pastor Cecil
      If this email is not displaying properly, click here:www.Daily-E-Votional.com You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord. Please feel free to forward this E-Votional on to your family and friends.

      "a merry heart doeth good like a medicine" Prov 17:22