USE ME!

  • Momsooky
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14 1:46 PM
      DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
      BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
      Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
      March 14, 2013
      USE ME!
      I Chronicles 4:10
      And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, - Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain! - So God granted him what he requested.
      I look at the date above and it causes me to bow in humble adoration before the Lord Jesus Christ. It is on this date that I celebrate my 79th birthday. Our kids used to tease that you have already lived one year before your first birthday so I you need to add one year to that total and say that I have lived 79 years and am now entering my 80th year. Kids can be so cruel about things like that. At least they were before they reached their 50th year. HA!
      As I write this Daily-E-Votional I am in awe of the way the Lord has answered my prayer. I had never imagined that I would still be involved in active ministry at this age, but the Lord had other plans for me.
      It was several years ago when I first saw this prayer of Jabez and made it my prayer. I was anxious for the Lord to expand my territory of ministry. Little did I realize that He had a world-wide ministry in which I would write daily encouragement that would reach hearts of people I have never met and will probably never meet until we are gathered together in Heaven. What a day of rejoicing that will be.
      On the other extreme, He has allowed me to have a ministry with a small group of believers who are like family. God has used our tiny group to grow spiritually in fantastic ways. The love reaches all who enter and causes us to feel like we are having a family gathering each week. As a matter of fact, that is what it is. A FAMILY OF GOD!
      I want to thank each of you who write from time to time and share how God has used a particular E-Votional to meet a need in your life. Keep me in your prayers!
      Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and be a blessing!
      - - - Pastor Cecil
      If this email is not displaying properly, click here: www.Daily-E-Votional.comYou can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord. Please feel free to forward this E-Votional on to your family and friends.

      "a merry heart doeth good like a medicine" Prov 17:22

    • Momsooky
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 23, 2013
        DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
        BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
        Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
        July 22, 2013

        USE ME!

        And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
        I spend much of my driving time watching my rear-view mirror. It prevents being surprised by what may be over-taking me. The older I get the more I recall things from the past. I guess you might call it looking in the rear-view mirror of my life.
        When I mention looking in the rear-view of my life, I do not mean that I long for the good old days. There have been many experiences that I did not consider good at the time and would not have chosen if I had the choice. Yet it has been many of these situations that God has used to bring about His work in my life.
        Joyce and I know what it is to stand by the bedside of a daughter who has only a brief time to live. We have waited expectantly outside the operating room while our granddaughter donated one of her kidneys to her aunt (our youngest daughter). We have spent hours in a hospital with our son who almost lost his arm in a horrible automobile accident.
        In these, as well as other incidents, God has given us an opportunity to stand beside others who were passing through the deep valleys of their life. We can honestly say that Romans 8:28 rings true---God uses everything for His good and glory!
        Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and be a blessing!

        - - - Pastor Cecil

        You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com
        Please feel free to forward this E-Votional on to your family and friends. They'll appreciate the encouragement

        "a merry heart doeth good like a medicine" Prov 17:22