Simpson Devotional Tuesday, November 01, 2011

  • Honeybee
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2011

      Simpson Devotional

      Inspirational Readings by A.B. Simpson
      Days of Heaven on Earth
      Tuesday, November 01, 2011

      The idea of trying to obtain a holiness of our own, and then having Christ reward us for it, is not His teaching. Oh, no. Christ is the holiness. He Himself, the Holy One, will come to dwell in the heart forever.

      When a millionaire buys a piece of property with an old shanty on it, he does not fix up the old shanty. He contracts with someone to tear it down. in its place he then builds a mansion. We are not to try to fix up the old shanty; rather, we are to give Christ the property. He will excavate below our old life and build a suitable house where He will live forever.

      That is what we mean when we say that Christ will be the preparation for the blessing of holiness and make way for His own approach. Picture a great Assyrian king setting out on a march. He did not command the people to make a road, but he sent his own men on ahead to cut down the trees, fill the ravines and level the mountains. So, if we will let Him, will Christ be the Coming King, the Author and Finisher of our faith.

      Scripture
      We will come unto him, and make our abode with him—John 14:23