Simpson Devotional Saturday, October 01, 2011

  • Honeybee
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2011
      After-The-Rain (From CloudEight's October Collection)

      Simpson Devotional

      Inspirational Readings by A.B. Simpson
      Days of Heaven on Earth
      Saturday, October 01, 2011

      Christ's great purpose for His people is to train them to know the hope of [their] calling, and . . . the riches of the glory of their inheritance, . . . and what . . . the exceeding greatness of his power to usward who believe (Ephesians 1:18-19).

      Let us prove, in all our varied walks of life and scenes of conflict, the fullness of His power and grace, and thus shall we know in the ages to come . . . the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

      Are we thus following our Teacher in the school of faith, and finishing the education which is to fit us for a far more exceeding and eternal weight, of glory? (2 Corinthians 4:17).

      Little can we now dream what these lessons will mean for us some day when we sit with Him on His throne and share with Him the power of God and the government of the universe. Let us be faithful students now, and soon with Him we, too, will have endured the cross, despising the shame, and shall sit down at the right hand of the throne of God (Hebrews 12:2).

      Scripture
      That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace—Ephesians 2:7