Simpson Devotional Friday, July 01, 2011

  • Honeybee
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2011
      GuardianAngel_LenaLiu http://kayskreations.net

      Simpson Devotional

      Inspirational Readings by A.B. Simpson
      Days of Heaven on Earth
      Friday, July 01, 2011

      Are we learning love in the school of suffering? Are our hearts being mellowed and deepened by the summer heat of trial until the fruit of the Spirit-love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance-is ripening for the harvest of His coming, and our sufferings are easily borne for His sake? This is the school of love, and the lessons make Him unutterably more dear to our hearts and us to His. In this way only can we learn with Him the heavenly charity which suffers long, and is kind.

      We see that the very first and the very last features of the face of love, as delineated in Paul's portrait of it (1 Corinthians 13), are marks of pain and patient suffering-suffers long, endureth all things. So let us learn in the school of love to suffer, to be kind and to endure all things. Surely it will not be hard to love through every circumstance when it is the heart of Jesus within us that will love and continue to love to the very end.

      I want the love that suffers and is kind,

      That envies not nor vaunts its pride of fame.

      Is not puffed up, does not discourteous act,

      Is not provoked, nor seeks its own to claim.

      Scripture
      After that ye have suffered a while—1 Peter 5:10