Tozer Devotional Saturday, January 01, 2011

  • Honeybee
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2011
      winter time

      Tozer Devotional
      Saturday, January 01, 2011

      SAVED FROM IDOLATRY

      It has been proven often in history that whoever entertains an unworthy conception of God is throwing his or her being wide open to the sin of idolatry, which is in essence, a defamation of the divine character. It is vitally important that we think soundly about God. Since He is the foundation of all our religious belief, it follows that if we err in our ideas of God, we will go astray in everything else. We would like to believe that there are no longer false gods in the world, but actually we recognize some of them in our own society. What about the glorified "Chairman of the Board" of the modern businessman? Or the story-telling, back-slapping god of some of the service clubs? Think of the dreamy-eyed god of the unregenerate poet cozy, aesthetic and willing to fellowship with anybody who thinks high thoughts and believes in moral equality. We often encounter the tricky, unscrupulous god of the superstitious; and the list goes on! Thankfully, we have found that to know and follow Christ is to be saved from all forms of idolatry!

      Verse
      Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God. Exodus 20:5

      Thought
      If we err in our ideas of God, we will go astray in everything else.

      Prayer
      Lord, help me to remember that there is no replacement for you, and that you are who you are no matter what anyone believes of you.

      stationery by Brigitta