Daily Golden Footprints, Understanding the Priesthood

  • Frances
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2010

      Daily Golden Footprints

      Understanding the Priesthood

      Thursday, Sept 30, 2010

      As we move into this season of Prophetic Revival, let's lay some foundation, so that we can understand what God is saying to us today.  The five fold ministry is Apostolic, Prophetic, Evangelist, Pastor, and Teacher.  To operate in these anointings, we must first understand the priesthood.  It is who we are in Him.  We must understand that we are under authority in order to walk in our own authority.

      The first priesthood mentioned in the Old Testament was Melchizedek.  (Gen 14:18)  And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.  It was mentioned again in (Heb 5:10)…Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.  The Lord has always had a priesthood for His people.

      1.      It is to the priesthood that tithes and offerings were and are received.  This is a necessary function because of the law that God made about giving and receiving.

      2.     His blessings are a result of obedience.

      3.     So many of God's people only talk about the money.  We should be able to rarely teach about money issues, because God's people should automatically be in obedience.  It is then they can just move on to higher heights and deeper depths.  No of course you never buy prophecy or something from God.  However God requires us to walk in obedience.

      4.     We obey because we are His child, not to get to become His child.

      5.     The Priesthood went into the Holy of Holies to place our sins on the altar. Today the Priesthood speaks to the Father in prayer for us which does not eliminate your obligation to pray for yourself.

      6.     The priesthood was first recognized when Abram talked about paying his tithes unto the King of Salem, Melchizedek, a priest to the most high God.  It was also talked about in the New Testament, in Hebrew 5:10.

      7.     Jesus is now the high priest of our profession.  Today we have a high priest unto God just as we did then. In the Old Testament they went into the Holy of Holies each year to sacrifice for sins.  Jesus was made the supreme sacrifice once and for all for our sins when He died on the cross.

      8.     God's people are called kings and priests unto Him.  However, "our high priest" is referring to Jesus, our continual high priest.  (Heb 7:15)  And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest.

      9.     Melchisedec was mentioned also in the New Testament.  (Heb 7:17)  For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

      10.  The high priest was provided from the beginning, God provided the high priest to do His bidding.  It was even then a type and shadow of Jesus and is position of intercession to the Father for us.  (Heb 7:21)  …The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec :)

      When Jesus paid the price on the cross, no longer was there a man on earth the high priest.  Yes we are kings and priests unto God, but Jesus is forever now our High priest. (Heb 7:24)  But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.

      I do not trivialize in any way the law of giving and receiving, however, today, I want to emphasize to you the job of our HIGH priest, Jesus Christ.  He went to the side of His Father after He was resurrected.  He has been there since, every making intercession for us.  (Heb 7:25)  Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

       In the Old Testament, one of the functions of the priest was making sacrifice for our sins.  They would slay the animal sacrifice and present it to God for remission of sin and to return them into right standing with God.  (Heb 7:27)  Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.  Once Jesus became that once and for all sacrifice, we no longer make animal sacrifices for remission of Sin.  We repent, believe and accept the work of Jesus by faith as our sacrifice for our sins making us then in right standing with God.

      Jesus became our high priest forever.  (Heb 3:1)  Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus.

      We are kings and priests unto God.  Jesus is HIGH priest.  (Rev 1:6)  And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.  Why would we be called kings and priests? We were given power and authority in the name of Jesus to do His works on the earth.  It is when we exercise this authority on earth that Jesus is able to intercede for us with the Father and it is accomplished then in heaven.  (Heb 7:25)  Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.  The most appropriate scripture I can think of for this place in this teaching is found in (Mar 16:20)  And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. When we preach (preach=speak, profess or confess) His Word, then Jesus intercedes for us with the Father, which authorizes the manifestation of that petition on earth.  If the words you are considering speaking are not words expressing His Word and His Will, don't say them!  The finished work of Calvary was plenty to pay the price for your sins and your manifestation of all of His promises.

      He did not only die for you sins.  He died so that you would have the right to all of His blessings as well.  Not only is He ever listening for your profession of sin, but also for your professions of His promises.   (Gal 3:11)  But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. (Gal 3:12)  And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

      (Gal 3:13)  Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: (Gal 3:14)  That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.  He wants to bless you.  Work with Him.  Profess His Word and His Will today. Because of Jesus being your High Priest, you still have that right today.

      Our work on earth as kings and priests is to speak the Rhema of God's Word, thereby creating His will on the earth.  When it says reign on earth, it means to walk in your position of royalty.  You are a king and a priest unto God.  Therefore, I exhort you to speak what you know to be the truth of God into being and not the natural things of this world.  (Rev 5:10)  And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

      The pastor, Miles Monroe from the Bahamas is one of the best teachers that I have hear teaching about reigning as kings that I have heard in a long while.  You may go online and order his books on kingdom principles.  Get a picture of what it means to be in the kingdom.  Having been born into a country in which he was a royal British subject, he has a greater understanding of kingdom living.

      Under the new covenant, you have the power and authority to create the will of God in your world. (Luk 10:19)  Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Remember that the Lord set a precedent concerning creating by the spoken word in Genesis Chapter one.  In verse 26 it shows that you were created in the image of God.  Therefore you are to create as He did.  You created by the spoken Word.  Take a look at Genesis chapter one.  I suggest that you highlight each time God spoke.  For example; He said "light be" and light was created.

       (Mat 18:18)  Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.  We don't fight against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers.  It is a spiritual battle, therefore we do it the same way that God did.  He spoke.

      Think about this.  He had for several months before Jesus' death been teaching them and making them disciples who can carry on His work after He is gone.  Right before Jesus was resurrected, He spent those last moments reminding His disciples of the most important things that they needed to remember and do when He was no longer physically with them.  He told them to wait for the power of the Holy Spirit.  (Act 1:4)  And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.  After Jesus came back to life, He spent forty days with the disciples before being resurrected.  I like to think about the meaning of numbers.  I believe that there is some more revelation about "forty day" for us to learn.  It had rained on Noah for forty days and forty nights.  The children of Israel spent forty years in the dessert before proceeding to the Promised Land.

      He taught them about the Holy Spirit being His presence among them teaching, leading and empowering them.  (Joh 16:24)  Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

      He was encouraging them that they had been given power and authority to use His name to continue all the great works and even greater that He had begun among them.  (1Jn 4:4)  Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

      He was telling them of the importance that they go into the entire world and preach to every creature of His.  He still cares about each one the same.  (Mar 16:15)  And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

      He wanted all of His children to have the opportunity of salvation and baptism.  I know that He must have been talking about the whole definitions of baptism and salvation that He offered to us.  (Mar 16:16)  He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.  Salvation is everything that you have ever needed or ever will need.  To be baptized is to be cleansed, washed and thereby empowered by Him.

      He reminded them that when they worked for Him, empowered by the Holy Spirit, they had signs following them.  In His name He gave them the power to cast out devils, and the power to speak in new tongues.  (Mar 16:17)  And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

      He gave them power over snakes and deadly things and they would not be harmed.  He told them that they would be laying hands on the sick and the sick would recover.  He put healing in our hands!  (Mar 16:18)  They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

      After, He taught all those great things, He was resurrected and sat on the right hand of God. Let me remind you of a most important point here.  He did not go to the Father, to sit down comfortably and rest on His laurels.  He is there making intercession for you with every right confession you make.  (Mar 16:19)  So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. When you get to heaven, no one is sleeping and resting.  You don't need rest.  That was a fleshly thing that you had to deal with on earth.  The laws of God were set for you to walk in faith.  If He did it all for you, it would not take faith.  We have to act on His Word in faith.  That is our part.  This entitles God to manifest for you whatever petition you are making.  Remember but it is the Rhema of God that you must speak.  Then He will work with you (Mark 16:20) and manifest it.  You speak, He confirms with signs following.  He is right beside the Father.  He is listening for you to get it together and speak His Rhema.  For example, you say "Father, I know that you have already taken care of this infirmity in my body."  Jesus is sitting right there saying, "Father you heard that.  You always manifest your Word."  Father says, "Yes, It is done."  Now when God says it is done, IT IS A DONE DEAL!  When He said in Genesis chapter one, "light be" then light had no choice except to "be."  When you speak God's will and Word, it has no choice as well.

      Agree with me in Prayer…Father, we thank you that you are causing each of your children to confess or profess only your will so that our high priest, Jesus, can intercede for us according to your perfect will.  Help us to keep our words lined up with your Word.  Help us to be doers of your Word and not hearers only.  Thank you for meeting every need according to your riches in Glory.  I decree that your healing virtue has gone forth to each of those who need healing.  I decree that your supply is going forth to all those who need your supply.  Thank you for your special touch today, In the name of Jesus. Amen.

      In Him,

      Prophetess Frances Lloyd

      www.dailygoldenfootprints.com

      footprints@...

      To Send Tithes, Offerings, or Plant Your Seeds:  Use: www.PayPal.com or 211 Northgate, Waxahachie Tx 75165

      We need your help with current expenses. Don't forget DGF when you are paying your expenses this month.  Blessings to you…

      Join us for our Conference Call every Thursday, 8PM, CST.  Call 209-647-1075, access code 552121#. We are having revival.  Bring your Bible and call in.

      We will be having A Gathering of the Prophets in Dallas on the 13th -15th of October at 2543 E. Ledbetter Dr, Dallas, Tx.  Fountain of the Living Word, Bishop Jerry and Pastor Tami Skelton.  Prophetess Frances and Evangelist Grady will be the ministers.  People are coming from all over the country.  You will not want to miss this meeting.  He does nothing except He reveals it to His Prophets first.  (Amos 3:7)

      Need Prayer?  Grady and I are glad to pray with your or give you a word as God gives it to us..