  • faith Dube
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2007

      (954)885-1560
      http://www.grannyfaith.com/

      TODAY'S
      INSPIRATON
      To see your face is like seeing
      the face of God, now that
       you have received me favorably.
      -Genesis 33:10 (NIV)
      THESE words of Jacob spoken to his brother Esau express deep emotion in response to unexpected forgiveness. The brothers had been separated for many years because Jacob had deceived their father and had stolen Esau's blessing and birthright. Now Jacob was returning home with his family, flocks, and herds. He was in "great fear and distress," anticipating Esau's revenge (Gen. 32:7-8). When Esau surprised him by greeting him warmly, they both wept.
      How often do we miss opportunities to be "the face of God" to our family, friends, co-workers - even strangers? What is it like to show others "the face of God"?
      When circumstances say no, the face of God says yes. When people expect condemnation, God's face says, "You're forgiven." When someone is looking for a friend, the face of God says, "You're welcome here." People are looking for God's amazing grace. When the server takes too long and struggles to get the order right, when children act like children, when someone cuts us off in traffic, by God's grace we can show others the face of God.
      Helen Edwards (Florida, U.S.A.)
      Prayer
      Dear God, let others see in us your face of steadfast love and forgiveness. Amen.
      Thought for the Day
      Our faces can become the face of God to a world looking for grace.

      Lets Pray this prayer
       together 4 one another too
       Dear Father God i ask You to
       bless my family, friends, &