43790Your Faith Becoming His Power Working in You

  • Momsooky
    Nov 11, 2013

       Your Faith Becoming His Power Working in You

      Fresh Manna
      by Pastor Tim Burt

      Do you ever feel the pressure of not having things you really need? I don't know a young married couple that doesn't have needs. It's common for a couple to, at some point, fight over what they don't have trying to figure out how they are going to get it. Does God care about such trivial needs in our life? He does. He cares about all the details of your life. He cares much more about them, than you care to come to Him and pray in faith about them!

      God by His nature seldom does or works things out in what we might call, a conventional way. He often answers prayer in ways that are greater and produce better results that we could ask or think. We please and honor Him when we trust and believe in His promises knowing that He delights in helping and blessing us. Having faith in this becomes His power working in us. Eph. 3:20 (NIV) says,“Now to Him (God) who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us…”

      It isn’t enough to know that God is able. You much believe that He is willing and desirous to help you! You must have faith in that. It is the key to “…His power at work within us…” Hebrews 11:6 (NLT)amplifies this truth! "And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to Him must believe that God exists and that He rewards those who sincerely seek Him."

      This is the kind of faith Abraham pleased God with. God called him the Father of our faith because of His belief. Let’s read about it.

      Romans 4:16-22 (NLT) “So that's why faith is the key! God's promise is given to us as a free gift. And we are certain to receive it…if we have faith like Abraham's. For Abraham is the father of all who believe. That is what the Scriptures mean when God told him, "I have made you the father of many nations." This happened because Abraham believed  the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were.” When God promised Abraham that he would become the father of many nations, Abraham believed him. God had also said, "Your descendants will be as numerous as the stars," even though such a promise seemed utterly impossible! And Abraham's faith did not weaken, even though he knew that he was too old to be a father at the age of one hundred and that Sarah, his wife, had never been able to have children. Abraham never wavered in believing God's promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God. He was absolutely convinced that God was able to do anything He promised...”
      It is our faith in God’s promises that honors God. It is the power of God working in us.

      God is not a “genie” in a bottle. God blesses out of a heart of love to those that love Him and have faith in Him. His Word teaches us His will so that we learn to ask according to His will. 1 John 5:14-15 (NIV) "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us--whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of Him."

      The Holy Spirit helps us mature in what we should pray for. We might at times miss it like a little child asking for candy before dinner. But also like little children, we grow up and mature. Good parents aren't upset when their kids wrongly ask for something. They just train them what is appropriate over time. The Holy Spirit does that for us also. To ask and be wrong is better that to not ask so that you "don't bother God because there is too much for Him to do." That mentality is not pleasing to Him. That is a cursed and wrong perspective of God. The world is NOT too big and filled with too many people to care about! That is what makes Him God! He is greater than your mind will ever comprehend. So know this! He loves you and cares for every detail of your life!

      If you truly love Him and live for Him, then let that kind of faith in what He promises to you, develop into His power working in you.

      Renee and I have always built lists regarding everything we need. We keep that list on a cabinet in our kitchen so that as we see God answer our prayers, we can check them off. We pray about what we need and from that point on we thank Him that the need is met. We have faith that He is working in our behalf despite what any circumstances may look like. We don't put God in a box and say like a child, "I want it now!" We trust Him with our needs and put our dependency on Him and not ourselves. We know our answers will come just at the right time  and seldom as we thought they might! This honors Him. All scripture bears that truth out. It has helped us keep from putting pressure on each other.

      Pressures of life come, but Renee and I keep them before the Lord knowing its His delight not only to help us, but to do amazing things in the process – “immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine.” It helps keep us in unity in prayer rather than fighting and schism over what we don’t have and can’t fix ourselves.

      Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV) "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

      In His Love,
      Pastor Tim Burt

      Published by Pastor Tim Burt
      Copyright© 2013 All rights reserved

      http://readfreshmanna.blogspot.com/

      "a merry heart doeth good like a medicine" Prov 17:22