43767Touches of Love That Matter the Most

  • Momsooky
    Nov 5 3:08 PM
      Touches of Love That Matter the Most
      Fresh Manna
      by Pastor Tim Burt
      Many years ago, I tried investing in the stock market. If I were to be
      perfectly honest, I really didn’t know what I was doing. Oh, I
      understood the mechanics of how to invest, but didn’t really have the
      financial understanding of a company's value and balance sheet and the
      kinds of things that are necessary to know for prudent investing. That
      made investing in the stock market in my case, more like gambling. You
      don’t invest in a company simply because you like their toothpaste.
      There are many other factors to understand. After getting burned pretty
      bad, I had two choices, get out and stay out or take the time to learn
      what I was doing. Renee wanted me to get out of investing on my own and
      I agreed. Our investing today is through a financial advisor.

      Marriage can be very similar. I mean how hard are the mechanics? Get
      married, have a honeymoon and move into your new dwelling together. For
      way too many people, that's about as far as their thinking has gone
      prior to marrying. Marriage is anything but simply coming home with
      your marriage partner. That is why God through His Word tells us,
      “Likewise, you husbands, dwell with them (your wives) according to
      knowledge…” (1 Peter 3:7) This of course applies both ways.
      Guys, the word knowledge here is referring to taking the time to know
      and understand your wife. Understand what love means to her. Does it
      just mean sex? Of course not but some men act like it does. What are
      the things that contribute to helping your wife feel loved? Does it
      mean spending more quality time with her? Does it mean helping her
      around the house and with the kids? Does it mean sweet touches of
      affection such as a card or note or flowers? Does it mean that she
      desires the affirmation of respect and sweet words of your great love
      for her? And of course the daily confirmation that she is
      absolutely beautiful to you? (The answer to that one is absolutely yes
      and always!) Does it mean touches of affection? A pleasant greeting in
      the morning with a kiss (brush your teeth first.) Or a back rub (that
      doesn’t have to finish with sex?) Or a warm embrace when you come home
      leaving the day's work behind you? Or you holding her hand when you're
      out for a walk or walking through the shopping mall? These are all
      expressions of love to most women and each of them contribute and
      deposit feelings or love in her love bank? Some of these are more
      important to her than others. It is your job to learn which ones are.

      This is learning to live with your wife according to knowledge. It's
      not complicated. It's simply paying attention and then consistently
      executing what you've learned. It can help produce great results and
      leave her bragging to others what a great husband you are!
      Take out a piece of paper and a pen and scribble a note saying, “I was
      thanking God for such a precious wife as you this morning.” How hard is
      that? How much did that cost? How long did it take to write that? How
      much value did it bring to your marriage? Far more than you could
      imagine. And if you haven’t figured out which of those touches of love
      your wife most appreciates, asking her is the best way to find out and
      take note of.
      Of course this all applies in reverse to women toward their husbands.
      Learn what He loves and learn to avoid what he hates or provokes him.
      Learn to adapt to what is important to him as he should learn to adapt
      to what is important to you. This is learning to dwell with your spouse
      according to knowledge.
      Does the effort this takes reap benefits for you? Absolutely! This is
      an honoring love – a love that seeks to learn and know how to bless
      your spouse. And that ultimately helps keep your prayers from being
      hindered and sets you up to receive the promises of God’s blessing upon
      your life. 1 Peter 3:7 “Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with
      understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and
      as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not
      be hindered.“

       Honoring your spouse with the touches of love that matters to
      and blesses them becomes a shock absorber that helps absorb the bumps
      that marriages experience in their path of life.  The little foxes
      spoil the vine but little simple touches of love make your vine healthy
      and your marriage strong!
      And one last note, if you're not married, learning what most blesses
      people in the ways I mentioned earlier, will enhance any relationship!
      1 Corinthians 13:8 (NIV)  "Love never fails..."
      If Fresh Manna is a blessing to you, let me know how. I’d love to hear
      from you!  Tell Pastor Tim here:

      In His Love,
      Pastor Tim Burt

      Published by Pastor Tim Burt
      Copyright© 2013 All rights reserved
      Forward this email to a friend
      "a merry heart doeth good like a medicine" Prov 17:22