Re: [RoyalGuildofDefense] Prize Scheduling

  • Randy & Beth Berry
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 30, 2005
      My thoughts on this is that like scheduling a tourney or a contest at an event, for a prize firstly the candidate and sponsor need to work together to find some appropriate events (timewise) that they can look at.  Between them they can decide who will be contacting the autocrat or RMIC in order to see if there is time in the schedule available.  If not, check into the next event you were looking at.

      I would really like to keep from having to put items like this down in black and white because it paints us into a corner.  At this point I'd like to give the bylaws a good year of use before we start making changes.  That way we can see trends and needs, rather than tackling single items at a time.  We need to give our program a chance of working before we start tweaking it.

      I think once a date has been confirmed that it would a good idea to forward that information on so that we can all see how the schedule is filling up.  Would a calendar on the guild web site for scheduled prizes work?  Who should be the best contact for centralizing this info?  I can see it being either the Web Mistress or the Dean of Students.  Maybe an email to one with a cc to the other, in case one is not available at the time would insure that it gets posted in a timely manner.

      Keep in mind that prizes can be played at all levels of events and don't need to be just at the big ones (see the bylaws for guidance).  This should help to spread the scheduling out.  I've been to events where there have been single prizes and others where there are multiple prizes played and both have worked.  What we need to keep in mind is we share the tourney field and event time with other groups and activities.  So use some common sense.  We all want to be able to attend, play and party afterwards for a good job done.

      Sorcha

      Tim Converse wrote:
      Else,

      Nothing is specified to address an issue like that, so basically my
      feeling is that it's done the same as before - haphazardly. <SMILE>

      I would guess that it's up to the sponsor or candidate to schedule with
      the RMIC for the time.

      As Dean of Students I suppose I could work out and propose a procedure
      for this, but I'm not sure it's really needed.  If anyone feels like we
      need a procedure for this I'll be happy to try and create one for
      everyones consideration as an amendment to the guild rules.

      This wouldn't be a Charter change, so we could vote it in without having
      to go through the huge task of proposing it to the Royalty.

      Santiago
      Dean of Students
      Royal Guild of Fence

      --