Re: [RoyalGuildofDefense] Digest Number 213

  • Nina Tomlinson
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2005
      For my culture, I need to be able to throw a spear, ride a horse, jump a fence, dance, sing, recite poetry and make up poetry on the spot, among other things. These are the requirements for my culture's concept of knighthood or nobility. It is part of the reason I chose this persona.

      > -Crimson

      Sounds yummy, Crimson -- which culture is that?

      Rachael/Jasmine/TBD
      *still wanting a rapier persona, just to confuse the heralds . . .;-P*
    • crimsonkyl
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2005
        The Irish. Anyone who wanted to be king had to train in these skills,
        so the powerful and political practiced these skill. The King also had
        to be a perfect physical specimen. King Nuada lost his arm in battle
        and abdicated the throne, years later a wise man (a smith) fashioned
        him a metal arm, and he returned to the throne, to be known thereafter
        as "Nuada of the silver arm".

        -Crimson

        --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, Nina Tomlinson