Re: KWAR - 200?

  • Else Hunrvogt
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2005
      --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Simon el Martillo de
      Cordoba" <xochimil@y...> wrote:

      > Quite honestly, I was one of the ones who voted in the poll that we
      > are not ready for it yet. I do not think we are ready for it within
      > the 3 year timespan from now.

      Simon,

      Most events in this Kingdom are organized along geographic lines.
      There are a few that are organized by guild or colleges (herbalists
      and equestrian come to mind).

      I think you have highlighted good points in terms of in terms of the
      areas for preparedness being

      1) content - teachers, classes, programs, etc
      2) logistics - site, local arrangements, etc

      There is an additional category that the guild needs to consider

      3) finance

      At this point, I don't believe the guild or any other rapier driven
      group has a treasury. Which leaves a few options for running an
      event

      a) get a branch to run it - Something the size of KWAR would require
      a Kingdom, Principality, or excedingly rich local branch

      b) Find a (or several) private individual(s) to agree to front the
      money and repay them from gate.

      c) fundraising

      Else