Re: [RoyalGuildofDefense] Re: Repair station

  • Elsa DieLowin
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 1, 2005
      Simon el Martillo de Cordoba wrote:
      <snip>
      > As to the Box being made... I would like to point out that a simple
      > plastic heavy duty tote would be MORE than suffiecent and untill this
      > becomes a standard practice, a wise investment versusu the wooden box..
      >
      > Simon, Journeyman

      That's too bad, because the investment has *already been made*. I've
      already got all of the supplies but blunts and washers. The wood is
      marked for cutting. I AM building this thing and donating it, so
      you'll just have to put up with a pretty, perioid, appropriately
      useful box.

      I added pliers, utility knife, adjustable wrench, tape measure and a
      few other goodies to what was already listed.

      If our Northern Cousins choose to use a plastic tote, that's none of
      my affair, but I want this one to reflect well upon the Guild,
      especially in front of royalty and nitpickers.

      Cerridwen
    • Simon el Martillo de Cordoba
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 1, 2005
        --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, Elsa DieLowin <elsa@e...>
        wrote:
        <snip>
        > That's too bad, because the investment has *already been made*.
        I've already got all of the supplies but blunts and washers.

        ====
        My apologies if I offended you, I was trying to be helpful. as for
        the blunts, I can get several from the archery store in the
        Sacramento area here.

        <snip>

        > If our Northern Cousins choose to use a plastic tote, that's none
        of my affair, but I want this one to reflect well upon the Guild,
        especially in front of royalty and nitpickers.

        > Cerridwen

        ====

        BTW, when are we going to gather together the things to put in the
        box? are we looking for a date specific to fill it up?

        Simon,Journeyman
      • Elsa DieLowin
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 1, 2005
          I apologize for being snippy, Simon! I'd already mentioned I had the
          stuff, so it felt a little weird to have it implied that I shouldn't
          do it. Really I shouldn't expect everyone to hang on my every word. ;-)

          So.... I'd be happy to have blunts and washers added at Purgatorio,
          and whatever else people think would help. Going back over the
          messages, I notice someone mentioned files, which would also be
          welcome. I decided to get the bulk of the tools myself so that the
          box could be made to fit them, and would be useful on delivery.
          There's a little room for more stuff, but not too much.

          Already on hand for the box:

          Electrical tape
          duct tape
          4 asst safety pins for instafixes
          6 asst spools heavy weight thread
          9 asst needles, ranging from cloth to leather to glovers to lacing
          "titanium" scissors suitable for cloth or leather
          6' tape measure (1/4" steel)
          scraps of garment weight and 8 oz. leather for patches
          utility knife w/extra blades inside
          barge cement and mini crazy glues (for minimal mess)
          square tip leather punch
          small rivets in brass and grayed steel
          rivet setter for same
          small ball peen hammer for punch and setter
          rubber mallet
          2 spring clamps - 1 1/2" capacity, nylon jaws
          pointy pliers (sold as needlenose, but w/flat inside jaws, ridged,
          built in wirecutter)
          standard pliers
          stubbly 2-in-1 screwdriver
          3 full sheets 600 grit sandpaper
          green scrubbie
          tube of petrolium jelly (less messy/leaky than oil)
          16 alchohol wipes for folk who wear glasses, prevents fogging
          2 extra mask ties (green and gold braided ribbon - very flashy)

          Cerridwen

          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 1, 2005
            Way To GO!! :)

            Impressive kit and I do think the wooden box(sorry
            brother) is the wisest choice for a guild representing
            itself as pursuing period art.

            Nytshaed

            --- Elsa DieLowin <elsa@...> wrote:
            > welcome. I decided to get the bulk of the tools
            > myself so that the

            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
          • Simon el Martillo de Cordoba
            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 2, 2005
              --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Nytshaed\(Douglas
              Leonard\)" <nytshaed1967@y...> wrote:
              > Way To GO!! :)
              >
              > Impressive kit and I do think the wooden box(sorry
              > brother) is the wisest choice for a guild representing
              > itself as pursuing period art.
              >
              > Nytshaed
              >
              > --- Elsa DieLowin <elsa@e...> wrote:
              > > welcome. I decided to get the bulk of the tools
              > > myself so that the
              <snip>

              =====

              No worries folks..I was just trying to be frugal. This seems like a
              good project that is worthy of keeping alive. Cerridwen, It was due
              to my own "not-paying-attention" that I made my statement.

              (Okay, gotta cut down on the Xbox time..Since father's day, completed
              Star Wars - knights of the old republic, Max Payne, now working on
              XIII. I guess I am a Xbox-crackhead..sigh. It's my families' fault!)

              Simon