Guild Badge Question

  • Staffan Arffuidson
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2005

      I have been working on trying to figure out possible badges for the
      West Kingdom Royal Guild of Fence and came upon a stumbling block:

      The Rapier Guild charter states that the ranks below Guildmaster of
      Fence are allowed to wear the guild badge in silver; the GMoF (and
      Courtier to the Crown of the West) are allowed to wear it in gold.

      I have been talking to His Grace Frederick of Holland about the
      problem and he gave me two possible solutions in his reply:

      1) Register it once in silver and once in gold, making sure that it
      will pass in both forms.

      2) Change the charter.

      I feel that this needs to be figured out before we can continue with a
      badge.

      I would like everyone's input (guild or not) on which of His Grace's
      suggestions you felt was applicable, or if you have another viable
      suggestion please don't hesitate to comment. You can post it to
      RoyalGuildofDefense, or to me directly.

      Thank you for your time.

      Staffan Arffuidsson
      Journeyman, WKRGoF
    • David Falcon
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 11, 2005
        Greetings all.
        My take on this is, I think, in keeping with the original intent: The
        device is one thing, the badges are but jewelry inspired by the
        badge. So the device has to be passed, the badges are an artifact of
        kingdom law, and we need not bother the heralds about them.

        David Falcone

        --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Staffan Arffuidson"