New file uploaded to RoyalGuildofDefense

  • RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 11, 2005
      Hello,

      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the RoyalGuildofDefense
      group.

      File : /an open letter
      Uploaded by : xochimil <xochimil@...>
      Description : from the Captain of the Rapier forces at Estrella

      You can access this file at the URL:

      Regards,

      xochimil <xochimil@...>
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 12, 2005
        Nod Simon, well said.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 27 , May 1 12:01 AM
          Hello,

          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the RoyalGuildofDefense
          group.

          File : /Termsfighting.doc
          Uploaded by : xochimil <xochimil@...>
          Description : terms of fighitng at L'Esercizio della Spada

          Message 4 of 27 , May 5 10:20 PM
            Hello,

            a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the RoyalGuildofDefense
            group.

            File : /On the Sponsoring of Prizes.pdf
            Uploaded by : akfencers <AKFencer@...>
            Description : On Sponsoring Prizes - by Sorcha Careman

            akfencers <AKFencer@...>
          • RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com
            Message 5 of 27 , May 28 11:34 PM
              Hello,

              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the RoyalGuildofDefense
              group.

              File : /WKRGoF_CharterRevisionDraft_05-28-2005.pdf
              Uploaded by : akfencers <AKFencer@...>
              Description : LGM Draft Revision to the Charter of the Guild

              Message 6 of 27 , May 30 1:57 PM
                Hello,

                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the RoyalGuildofDefense
                group.

                File : /WKRGoF_CharterRevisionDraft_05-28-2005_PDF2.pdf
                Uploaded by : akfencers <AKFencer@...>
                Description : LGM draft charter revision PDF file

                Message 7 of 27 , May 30 1:58 PM
                  Hello,

                  a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the RoyalGuildofDefense
                  group.

                  File : /WKRGoF_CharterRevisionDraft_05-28-2005.txt
                  Uploaded by : akfencers <AKFencer@...>
                  Description : LGM draft charter revision text file

                  Message 8 of 27 , Jul 5, 2005
                    Hello,

                    a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the RoyalGuildofDefense
                    group.

                    File : /war report
                    Uploaded by : xochimil <xochimil@...>
                    Description : personal report from W/A war

                    Message 9 of 27 , Aug 28, 2005
                      Hello,

                      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the RoyalGuildofDefense
                      group.

                      File : /RGoF Revision 8-27-2005 Final - Distribution.pdf
                      Uploaded by : akfencers <AKFencer@...>
                      Description : Approved Charter and Bylaws revision dated 8-27-05

                      Message 10 of 27 , Sep 7, 2005
                        Hello,

                        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the RoyalGuildofDefense
                        group.

                        File : /SCA Proposal of Historical Combat Techniques.doc
                        Uploaded by : arffuidson <arffuidson@...>
                        Description : Historical Unarmored Combat

                        arffuidson <arffuidson@...>
                      • RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com
                        Message 11 of 27 , Dec 22, 2005
                          Hello,

                          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the RoyalGuildofDefense
                          group.

                          File : /Toteachingteacher.doc
                          Uploaded by : xochimil <xochimil@...>
                          Description : a letter from the Dean of curriculum

                          Message 12 of 27 , Dec 27, 2005
                            All,

                            Well, I sent out a letter to people and posted it here in the Guild
                            in the files section to be available for everyone here. I am making
                            this particular project the first one for the year.

                            I am looking for information and input for this idea. I think this
                            particluar issue is something that needs to be looked at and a
                            collective set of collected thoughts for general consumption be
                            worked on.

                            If you are a teacher, I want to hear from you.

                            Simon/Ximon

                            ====

                            > You can access this file at the URL:

                            her.doc

                          • Jeff Richardson
                            Message 13 of 27 , Dec 27, 2005
                              In regards to teacher guidelines.  I highly recommend checking out the new book from Chivalry Bookshelf.    Teaching & Interpreting Historical Swordsmanship.

                              Lessingham

                              > in the files section to be available for
                              everyone here. I am making
                              > this particular project the first one for
                              the year.

                              > I am looking for information and input for this
                              idea. I think this
                              > particluar issue is something that needs to be
                              looked at and a
                              > collective set of collected thoughts for general
                              consumption be
                              > worked on.
                              >
                              > If you are a teacher, I want
                              to hear from you.

                              > Simon/Ximon
                              >

                              > ====
                              >

                              >> You can access this file at
                              the URL:

                              > her.doc
                              >>
                              >> To learn more about
                              file sharing for your group, please visit:

                              href="http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/files">http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/files

                              href="http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/ktVolB/TM">http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/ktVolB/TM

                              > <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send
                              an email to:

                              > <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject
                              to:

                              Edition.
                              12/23/2005

                              Message 14 of 27 , Dec 27, 2005
                                Simon

                                Are you a member of the teachingrapier yahoolist? You should join and ask for feedback
                                from the members--there are rapier teachers from across the knowne world in that list.

                                Brigit

                                --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Ximon el Martillo de Cordoba"

                                Message 15 of 27 , Dec 27, 2005
                                  --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Brigit"
                                  <brigitgoddess1@y...> wrote:

                                  > Simon
                                  >
                                  > Are you a member of the teachingrapier yahoolist? You should join
                                  and ask for feedback
                                  > from the members--there are rapier teachers from across the knowne
                                  world in that list.

                                  > Brigit
                                  =====

                                  Not yet, I was a bit leery about joining the fray out there due to
                                  some things I had heard about...I will poke my nose in there.

                                  .
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Dec 28, 2005
                                    --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Richardson"
                                    <jeffery@m...> wrote:

                                    > In regards to teacher guidelines. I highly recommend checking out
                                    the new book from Chivalry Bookshelf. Teaching & Interpreting
                                    Historical Swordsmanship.

                                    > Lessingham
                                    =====

                                    thanks Geoffrey! from what I remember of the blurb about the book, I
                                    thought it was more of a "how to research" book rather than that. would
                                    you say that it would be a good book to be a guide?

                                    Ximon/Simon
                                  • Jeff Richardson
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Dec 28, 2005
                                      I don't know about a guide per se.   But it looks to be full of usefull information.  The purpose of the book is to help researchers and instructors with information from experienced people.  The list of contributors is impressive.  It isn't meant to be a step by step guide on how to teach.  Rather it is a collection of insights from teachers.  Which is pretty much what you have asked people to provide you with.

                                       From Chivalry Bookshelf  - "

                                      The included essays cover the gamut of swordsmanship as practiced today; medieval, Renaissance, Classical. Some essays discuss the finer points of mental preparation while others talk about the practicalities of running a class or study group. All is based on differing blends between research and teaching experience.

                                      In this volume many leaders of the historical swordsmanship community from around the world have come together to offer valuable insights to new generations of students and instructors. The reader will find both practical hints on how to teach and philosophical approaches to guide the development of their own drills and practice exercises. The collected wisdom of these teachers would take many decades to accumulate. In this book the reader will find treasured advice from teachers both modern and ancient."

                                      Personally I expect to find it worth the money for these two essays along

                                      "The Importance of Skill Progressions in Studying Western Martial Arts" -- Sean Hayes

                                       "Teaching Historical Fencing in the Salle" -- William E. Wilson

                                          I personally havn't purchased it yet, it's on my agenda for after the first of the year.  Along with SPADA2

                                      Lessingham

                                      >> In regards to teacher guidelines.  I highly
                                      recommend checking out
                                      > the new book from Chivalry
                                      Bookshelf.    Teaching & Interpreting
                                      > Historical
                                      Swordsmanship.

                                      >> Lessingham
                                      > =====
                                      >
                                      > thanks Geoffrey! from what I remember of the blurb about the book, I
                                      > thought it was more of a "how to research" book rather than that. would
                                      > you say that it would be a good book to be a guide?
                                      >

                                      > Ximon/Simon

                                      > Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home
                                      page

                                      href="http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/ktVolB/TM">http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/ktVolB/TM

                                      > <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send
                                      an email to:

                                      > <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject
                                      to:

                                      > --
                                      > Checked by
                                      AVG Free Edition.
                                      Release Date: 12/23/2005

                                    • Jeff Richardson
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Dec 28, 2005
                                        I also suggest this article
                                        http://blackwing.my100megs.com/Docs/Movement%20archetypes%20essay.doc by
                                        Monseigneur Christian over in Artemisia to be good fodder. He talks about
                                        alignment of joints, hyperextension, relaxation, and fast twitch and slow
                                        twitch muscles. All good information for a teacher of fence.

                                        Lessingham
                                      • RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Jun 16, 2008
                                          Hello,

                                          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the RoyalGuildofDefense
                                          group.

                                          File : /Classes/Garb as Armor.doc
                                          Uploaded by : cerridwenamcoedwig <cerridwen@...>
                                          Description : Cerridwen's A&S/Collegium class handout

                                          Message 20 of 27 , May 6 12:25 AM
                                            Hello,

                                            a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the RoyalGuildofDefense
                                            group.

                                            File : /Gregorio's Guild Prize/Time - Making Sense of the Masters.pdf
                                            Uploaded by : lessingham93 <jeffery@...>
                                            Description : Fencing time - making sense of the masters.

                                            You can access this file at the URL:

                                            Regards,

                                            lessingham93 <jeffery@...>
                                          • brigitgoddess1
                                            Message 21 of 27 , May 6 9:31 PM
                                              Thank you and congrats!!!

                                              Brigit

                                              Message 22 of 27 , May 24 9:34 PM
                                                Hello,

                                                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the RoyalGuildofDefense
                                                group.

                                                File : /Trade Route Tavern Scenario/Trade Route Tavern - Tavern Keeper Guide.rtf
                                                Uploaded by : nytshaed1967 <nytshaed1967@...>
                                                Description :