Re: Charter revision proposal file upload- LONG

    Message 1 of 36 , May 31, 2005
      --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, haenterprises
      <haenterprises@m...> wrote:
      = I happen to agree with the sentiment that if you
      > strive for the rank of Journeyman, you shopuld be capable and
      willing to
      > serve as a senior marshal.

      Just for the sake of clarity--it is suggested that Journeymen strive
      for Advanced Marshal status, not Senior. That is suggested as
      something that Provosts strive for.

      You probably meant Provost-just making it clear for those who don't
      catch it.

      Brigit
    • Zebee Johnstone
      Message 36 of 36 , Jun 2, 2005
        On 6/3/05, crimsonkyl <crimsonkil@...> wrote:
        > Not without merit, but we have already had two journeymen made on
        > the spot, at the discretion of a Guildmaster. No prize was fought,
        > no announcements beforehand, just "hey guys, guess what?"

        I don't think wanting time in grade is a useful solution to that.

        Requiring prizes to be played as a condition of advancement, and
        stating a minimum number of examiners will work better I think.

        As does social pressure, if you can exert it :)

        If those journeymen are useless then the Guild can show that to be so
        and others will realise they aren't "real". If they aren't, but do
        the job even if their elevation was unorthodox, then it's water under
        the bridge.

        The "Bellatrix's knighting" story comes to mind...

        Silfren