Re: Guild Badge

  • Simón el Martillo de Cordoba
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 28, 2004
      --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Staffan Arffuidson"
      <arffuidson@y...> wrote:

      > Greetings to One and All,
      > I am the bearer of bad tidings. The Guild badge that was submitted
      > did not pass Kingdom. <snip>> In Service,
      > Staffan Arffuidsson
      > Journeyman, WKRGoD
      =====
      By now you know my thoughts on this, thanks for informing us of this.

      so, we start from the beginning again... nothing like a good fight,
      eh?

      lets git going!
      Simon
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 23, 2008
        Hi folks,

        Its a new year, spring is on its way and its time for a new project. In
        conjunction with the conversations around 12th Night about what we are
        using as a Guild Badge at this time, we are currently still using the
        original version of the demi-sun with the rapier charge on top of it.
        Through past research and working with Vesper Herald, it was determined
        that this would not be registrable for the guild.

        Well, there has been a resurgence of interest and energies being put
        forth to complete this missing link for the Guild and I would like to
        share one of the ideas that came out of conversations with various folks
        within the guild.

        Our purpose with the guild is the support and encouragement in the
        research, study and teaching the historical weapons forms, schools and
        masters within the SCA time period, with a focus on the rapier studies.
        With that in mind the following seems to fit well with our purpose:

        (fieldless) On an open book Or, a rapier fesswise vert

        A "Book" charge is a great representation of the historical studies and
        the "Sword" charge shows it representing the historical studies of
        swordplay. The colors of a gold book with a green sword shows our
        connection of being a West Kingdom Guild.

        We are in the process currently of cross checking for other registered
        devices with similarities. I have opened a conversation with Vesper
        Herald that we are jumping back in to work on a badge for the Guild and
        we have her support for help in this process.

        If you have additional input, please feel free to contact me. As the
        registering process takes time and we have been without an official
        badge for a "few" years, I would like to move forward on this project.

        Thank you for your thoughts.
        Sorcha Careman
        LGM