Re: [RoyalGuildofDefense] Re: 12th Night

  • Andrew Hamilton
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 23, 2004
      --- Anna Serre <larougemonte@...> wrote:

      > "when I don't
      > > have to do courty things" Saor
      >

      > Saor,
      > What exactly are courty things?
      >
      > Anna

      <assuming you're not putting connotations on courty>
      As Prima Spada of Cynagua, I'll likely have to be in
      court a bit more than I usually am to make sure I'm
      there when any princely or kingly types call.
      <shrugs> Goes with the nice cloak.
      cheers,
      Saor

      The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
      http://my.yahoo.com
    • Staffan Arffuidson
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 23, 2004

        As a guild, are we planning any meetings and/or discussions during
        12th Night?

        Thank you.

        Staffan
      • Simon el Martillo de Cordoba
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 24, 2004
          --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Staffan Arffuidson"
          <arffuidson@y...> wrote:

          > Greetings,
          >
          > As a guild, are we planning any meetings and/or discussions during
          > 12th Night?
          >
          > Thank you.
          >
          > Staffan
          ======

          I don't know if we are. I personally have been contacted by a couple
          of people to get fencing started in thier area, so I will probably be
          concentrating seeking them out and talking with them.
          a good friend and one of my shire members is receiving her laurel
          sometime on Saturday.

          I also need to find time to take pictures of thier Excellencies
          Daniel and Lourdes, Lord and Lady of the Swan for the principality
          website. I also am looking to take other pix of Guild members if I
          can druing the event and lastly, spending time with my wife somewhere
          during the event.

          I would like to encourage everyone to enter the Laurel's prize
          tourney. It's really a badly titled event, because it is NOT a
          contest, it is a display open to/from anyone working on any projects
          and the Laurels will go around and make comments to the people
          entering. this is to foster the arts and sciences for the kingdom.

          Merry Christmas!
          Simón
          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 27, 2007
            Okie dokie--I have a table for the Guild at 12th Night, near the feast
            hall to increase traffic--now I need YOU as Guild members to step up to
            the plate. We have Yukkio and Nyte manning the table between first and
            second court--I think we have three courts, correct? That means we
            need someone to man it between second and third. I also need
            commitments on things to have ON the table to show---blades would be
            nice--photos--books--anything that needs to be removed when the table
            is not manned can be...

            Also I think we might do well to have a flyer about the Guild to hand
            out--especially when we are not manning it--something that states what
            we are about, contacts, etc. Who would like to produce that?

            Brigit
          • darthpointyhat@aol.com
            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 27, 2007
              Hiya Brigit

              I'd be happy to help as a place holder, but would feel more comfortable if someone else who understood the guild a bit better than I would be there with me.

              Paula

              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 27, 2007
                Paula,

                I'll assist you.

                In Service,
                Staffan

                --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, darthpointyhat@... wrote:

                > Hiya Brigit
                >
                > I'd be happy to help as a place holder, but would feel more
                comfortable if
                > someone else who understood the guild a bit better than I would be
                there with
                > me.
                >
                > Paula
                >

                > **************************************Check out AOL's list of
                2007's hottest
                > products.
                > (http://money.aol.com/special/hot-products-2007?
                NCID=aoltop00030000000001)

              • darthpointyhat@aol.com
                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 27, 2007
                  Staffan,

                  Awesome, thanks!  Do you have a specific time that works best for you?  I have no plans except to enjoy court. :)

                  Paula

                  In a message dated 11/27/2007 5:59:57 PM Pacific Standard Time, arffuidson@... writes:
                  Paula,

                  I'll assist you.

                  In Service,

                • Puck Curtis
                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 27, 2007
                    Hola,

                    I'm in the middle of the KWAR whirlwind right now and can't commit to anything but at the very least I can provide some of our historical research material for the table.

                    Puck

                    --
                    "Measure what is measurable, and make measurable what is not so."
                    Galileo Galilei

                    Spanish Swordplay
                    http://www.destreza.us/

                    Italian Swordplay
                    http://www.viahup.com
                    Message 9 of 21 , Nov 28, 2007
                      That would be awesome, Puck. In fact--what I'd like to see is
                      manuals/books by or about the various Masters--I have a small copy of
                      Swetam (thanks to Staffan!) and it would be great to have the other
                      Masters represented--or any papers, etc. any of you have done on them.
                      Anything else in the historical research department is very appreciated.

                      Puck--do you need to hand the materials off to anyone or will you be
                      there yourself on 12th Night?

                      It would be great if we could have two or three blades to show
                      off--nicer ones that we would of course not leave on the table unless
                      someone was in attendance. All I have are boring old Hanweis that
                      aren't very pretty to look at--would anyone be brave enough to let us
                      display a few of your blades? Perhaps a nice buckler and a dagger or two?

                      Paula and Staffan--let me know--I believe the only other shift we have
                      is between second and third court--is there a fourth court?? I can't
                      remember.

                      Brigit

                      --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Puck Curtis"

                      RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com<RoyalGuildofDefense%40yahoogroups.com>,

                    • darthpointyhat@aol.com

                        Message 11 of 21 , Nov 28, 2007
                          Hola,

                          Gabriela and I will both be there.  We have a traveling Destreza roadshow that highlights what we do and I can bring it as well as some of the Italian work.

                          Puck

                          Message 12 of 21 , Dec 3, 2007
                             Chuckle - been a while since I had to correct this one...

                              Please! please. please...shorten my name to 'Shaed rather than
                            anything that could be confused with a title!

                              Thank you my friends ! :)

                            12th night is going to be wonderful this year!

                            Nytshaed

                            Okie dokie--I have a table for the Guild at 12th Night, near the feast
                            hall to increase traffic--now I need YOU as Guild members to step up to
                            the plate. We have Yukkio and Nyte manning the table between first and
                            second court--I think we have three courts, correct? That means we
                            need someone to man it between second and third. I also need
                            commitments on things to have ON the table to show---blades would be
                            nice--photos- -books--anything that needs to be removed when the table
                            is not manned can be...

                            Also I think we might do well to have a flyer about the Guild to hand
                            out--especially when we are not manning it--something that states what
                            we are about, contacts, etc. Who would like to produce that?

                            Brigit

                            Health Zone

                            Look your best!

                            Groups to help you

                            look & feel great.

                            Drive Traffic

                            Sponsored Search

                            can help increase

                            your site traffic.

                            Wellness Spot

                            on Yahoo! Groups

                            A resource for living

                            the Curves lifestyle.

                            .

                            Message 13 of 21 , Dec 4, 2007
                              Mind if we call you "Bruce" to keep it clear?

                              Staffan "Bruce here teaches logical positivism. And is also in charge
                              of the sheep dip." Arffuidsson

                              --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Nytshaed\(Douglas

                              Message 14 of 21 , Dec 4, 2007
                                Grin :) . . .