New file uploaded to RoyalGuildofDefense

  • RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 27 , May 1, 2005
      Hello,

      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the RoyalGuildofDefense
      group.

      File : /Termsfighting.doc
      Uploaded by : xochimil <xochimil@...>
      Description : terms of fighitng at L'Esercizio della Spada

      You can access this file at the URL:

      Regards,

      xochimil <xochimil@...>
    • RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 27 , May 5, 2005
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the RoyalGuildofDefense
        group.

        File : /On the Sponsoring of Prizes.pdf
        Uploaded by : akfencers <AKFencer@...>
        Description : On Sponsoring Prizes - by Sorcha Careman

        akfencers <AKFencer@...>
      • RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 27 , May 28, 2005
          Hello,

          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the RoyalGuildofDefense
          group.

          File : /WKRGoF_CharterRevisionDraft_05-28-2005.pdf
          Uploaded by : akfencers <AKFencer@...>
          Description : LGM Draft Revision to the Charter of the Guild

          Message 4 of 27 , May 30, 2005
            Hello,

            a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the RoyalGuildofDefense
            group.

            File : /WKRGoF_CharterRevisionDraft_05-28-2005_PDF2.pdf
            Uploaded by : akfencers <AKFencer@...>
            Description : LGM draft charter revision PDF file

            Message 5 of 27 , May 30, 2005
              Hello,

              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the RoyalGuildofDefense
              group.

              File : /WKRGoF_CharterRevisionDraft_05-28-2005.txt
              Uploaded by : akfencers <AKFencer@...>
              Description : LGM draft charter revision text file

              Message 6 of 27 , Jul 5, 2005
                Hello,

                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the RoyalGuildofDefense
                group.

                File : /war report
                Uploaded by : xochimil <xochimil@...>
                Description : personal report from W/A war

                Message 7 of 27 , Aug 28, 2005
                  Hello,

                  a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the RoyalGuildofDefense
                  group.

                  File : /RGoF Revision 8-27-2005 Final - Distribution.pdf
                  Uploaded by : akfencers <AKFencer@...>
                  Description : Approved Charter and Bylaws revision dated 8-27-05

                  Message 8 of 27 , Sep 7 7:44 PM
                    Hello,

                    a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the RoyalGuildofDefense
                    group.

                    File : /SCA Proposal of Historical Combat Techniques.doc
                    Uploaded by : arffuidson <arffuidson@...>
                    Description : Historical Unarmored Combat

                    arffuidson <arffuidson@...>
                  • RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com
                    Message 9 of 27 , Dec 22, 2005
                      Hello,

                      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the RoyalGuildofDefense
                      group.

                      File : /Toteachingteacher.doc
                      Uploaded by : xochimil <xochimil@...>
                      Description : a letter from the Dean of curriculum

                      Message 10 of 27 , Dec 27, 2005
                        All,

                        Well, I sent out a letter to people and posted it here in the Guild
                        in the files section to be available for everyone here. I am making
                        this particular project the first one for the year.

                        I am looking for information and input for this idea. I think this
                        particluar issue is something that needs to be looked at and a
                        collective set of collected thoughts for general consumption be
                        worked on.

                        If you are a teacher, I want to hear from you.

                        Simon/Ximon

                        ====

                        > You can access this file at the URL:

                        her.doc

                      • Jeff Richardson
                        Message 11 of 27 , Dec 27, 2005
                          In regards to teacher guidelines.  I highly recommend checking out the new book from Chivalry Bookshelf.    Teaching & Interpreting Historical Swordsmanship.

                          Lessingham

                          > in the files section to be available for
                          everyone here. I am making
                          > this particular project the first one for
                          the year.

                          > I am looking for information and input for this
                          idea. I think this
                          > particluar issue is something that needs to be
                          looked at and a
                          > collective set of collected thoughts for general
                          consumption be
                          > worked on.
                          >
                          > If you are a teacher, I want
                          to hear from you.

                          > Simon/Ximon
                          >

                          > ====
                          >

                          >> You can access this file at
                          the URL:

                          > her.doc
                          >>
                          >> To learn more about
                          file sharing for your group, please visit:

                          href="http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/files">http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/files

                          href="http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/ktVolB/TM">http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/ktVolB/TM

                          > <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send
                          an email to:

                          > <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject
                          to:

                          Edition.
                          12/23/2005

                          Message 12 of 27 , Dec 27, 2005
                            Simon

                            Are you a member of the teachingrapier yahoolist? You should join and ask for feedback
                            from the members--there are rapier teachers from across the knowne world in that list.

                            Brigit

                            --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Ximon el Martillo de Cordoba"

                            Message 13 of 27 , Dec 27, 2005
                              --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Brigit"
                              <brigitgoddess1@y...> wrote:

                              > Simon
                              >
                              > Are you a member of the teachingrapier yahoolist? You should join
                              and ask for feedback
                              > from the members--there are rapier teachers from across the knowne
                              world in that list.

                              > Brigit
                              =====

                              Not yet, I was a bit leery about joining the fray out there due to
                              some things I had heard about...I will poke my nose in there.

                              .
                              Message 14 of 27 , Dec 28, 2005
                                --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Richardson"
                                <jeffery@m...> wrote:

                                > In regards to teacher guidelines. I highly recommend checking out
                                the new book from Chivalry Bookshelf. Teaching & Interpreting
                                Historical Swordsmanship.

                                > Lessingham
                                =====

                                thanks Geoffrey! from what I remember of the blurb about the book, I
                                thought it was more of a "how to research" book rather than that. would
                                you say that it would be a good book to be a guide?

                                Ximon/Simon
                              • Jeff Richardson
                                Message 15 of 27 , Dec 28, 2005
                                  I don't know about a guide per se.   But it looks to be full of usefull information.  The purpose of the book is to help researchers and instructors with information from experienced people.  The list of contributors is impressive.  It isn't meant to be a step by step guide on how to teach.  Rather it is a collection of insights from teachers.  Which is pretty much what you have asked people to provide you with.

                                   From Chivalry Bookshelf  - "

                                  The included essays cover the gamut of swordsmanship as practiced today; medieval, Renaissance, Classical. Some essays discuss the finer points of mental preparation while others talk about the practicalities of running a class or study group. All is based on differing blends between research and teaching experience.

                                  In this volume many leaders of the historical swordsmanship community from around the world have come together to offer valuable insights to new generations of students and instructors. The reader will find both practical hints on how to teach and philosophical approaches to guide the development of their own drills and practice exercises. The collected wisdom of these teachers would take many decades to accumulate. In this book the reader will find treasured advice from teachers both modern and ancient."

                                  Personally I expect to find it worth the money for these two essays along

                                  "The Importance of Skill Progressions in Studying Western Martial Arts" -- Sean Hayes

                                   "Teaching Historical Fencing in the Salle" -- William E. Wilson

                                      I personally havn't purchased it yet, it's on my agenda for after the first of the year.  Along with SPADA2

                                  Lessingham

                                  >> In regards to teacher guidelines.  I highly
                                  recommend checking out
                                  > the new book from Chivalry
                                  Bookshelf.    Teaching & Interpreting
                                  > Historical
                                  Swordsmanship.

                                  >> Lessingham
                                  > =====
                                  >
                                  > thanks Geoffrey! from what I remember of the blurb about the book, I
                                  > thought it was more of a "how to research" book rather than that. would
                                  > you say that it would be a good book to be a guide?
                                  >

                                  > Ximon/Simon

                                  > Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home
                                  page

                                  href="http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/ktVolB/TM">http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/ktVolB/TM

                                  > <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send
                                  an email to:

                                  > <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject
                                  to:

                                  > --
                                  > Checked by
                                  AVG Free Edition.
                                  Release Date: 12/23/2005

                                • Jeff Richardson
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Dec 28, 2005
                                    I also suggest this article
                                    http://blackwing.my100megs.com/Docs/Movement%20archetypes%20essay.doc by
                                    Monseigneur Christian over in Artemisia to be good fodder. He talks about
                                    alignment of joints, hyperextension, relaxation, and fast twitch and slow
                                    twitch muscles. All good information for a teacher of fence.

                                    Lessingham
                                  • RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Jun 16, 2008
                                      Hello,

                                      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the RoyalGuildofDefense
                                      group.

                                      File : /Classes/Garb as Armor.doc
                                      Uploaded by : cerridwenamcoedwig <cerridwen@...>
                                      Description : Cerridwen's A&S/Collegium class handout

                                      Message 18 of 27 , May 6, 2011
                                        Hello,

                                        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the RoyalGuildofDefense
                                        group.

                                        File : /Gregorio's Guild Prize/Time - Making Sense of the Masters.pdf
                                        Uploaded by : lessingham93 <jeffery@...>
                                        Description : Fencing time - making sense of the masters.

                                        You can access this file at the URL:

                                        Regards,

                                        lessingham93 <jeffery@...>
                                      • brigitgoddess1
                                        Message 19 of 27 , May 6, 2011
                                          Thank you and congrats!!!

                                          Brigit

                                          Message 20 of 27 , May 24, 2011
                                            Hello,

                                            a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the RoyalGuildofDefense
                                            group.

                                            File : /Trade Route Tavern Scenario/Trade Route Tavern - Tavern Keeper Guide.rtf
                                            Uploaded by : nytshaed1967 <nytshaed1967@...>
                                            Description :