Guildmaster Prize tommorow!

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2014

         Tomorrow the long awaited Guildmaster Prize for Staffan will occur at Twelfth Night!

         Come celebrate and show appreciation for the tireless work and dedication of one of our best!

         Staffan will be presenting a written work and of course fighting in period style during the event.

         I will be onsite about 10am, but I expect the Prize will be a couple hours later.  The times are going to be flexible so that as many fighters get the chance to participate as possible in consideration of court.

      Nytshaed, Guildmaster of the Royal Guild of Fence

    • arffuidsson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2014
        Greetings and Salutations!

        At 12th Night yesterday, I attempted my Guildmaster of Fence rank in the West Kingdom Royal Guild of Fence.  Against all Free Scholars, Journeymen, Provosts, and Guests I fought three passes each, and I allowed them to select which weapons form I would face them with.  Then I faced the three Guildmasters who were able to participate: His Lordship Nytshade of Golden Rivers (my Sponsor for the rank); His Excellency Jose Ramirez de Coronado, Ancient Guildmaster (and current Lord Guildmaster of the Royal Guid); and His Lordship Xeno della Lama, Ancient Guildmaster (and currently residing in Artemisia). I fought each of the Guildmasters until they were satisfied with my passes.  Unfortunately, I made a mistake and did not plan appropriately and wish to apologize to Master Juan Santiago, Guildmaster, for conflicting with his wonderful work.  My friend, I am sorry for my action.

        The Three Guildmasters who were able to test me came to an agreement that I have met the requirements of the rank, and I am now a Guildmaster of Fence within the Guild.

        Thank you one and all who were able to witness and test me yesterday.  In the near future, I will post the name of my school, as well as what I intend to do with my branch of the West Kingdom Royal Guild of Fence.

        In Service to the West,
        Master Staffan Arffuidsson, Guildmaster
        (OP, OWWS)